• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel- PCR COVID tests near Disneyland

No I didn’t feel comfortable using the free option because it’s not for travelling and I was worried the report might not get us on the plane. We paid for our tests and had results in a couple of hours I think? I can’t recall exactly but it was pretty fast.

I'm going to be in Disneyland the week of Dec 7-11. I'll need a PCR test to drive back into Canada (we're flying through Buffalo). I'm thinking about getting our tests done on the Thursday as we fly back to Buffalo on the Saturday. I'd rather get the test done on Friday as that is a non-park day for me, but, the timing feels too risky.

Has anyone heard of free tests for Canadians at a Walgreens? The Walgreens on Brookhurst offers "free" Covid testing, but, I am not sure if that means free to Canadians and/or of they are okay for travelling back home.

I'm going to be in Disneyland the week of Dec 7-11. I'll need a PCR test to drive back into Canada (we're flying through Buffalo). I'm thinking about getting our tests done on the Thursday as we fly back to Buffalo on the Saturday. I'd rather get the test done on Friday as that is a non-park day for me, but, the timing feels too risky.

Has anyone heard of free tests for Canadians at a Walgreens? The Walgreens on Brookhurst offers "free" Covid testing, but, I am not sure if that means free to Canadians and/or of they are okay for travelling back home.
We just drove home this past Monday and we did our test at the Walgreens on Euclid. We had our test done at 10am on the Saturday and our results came by email on the Sunday at 7:20pm. I was a little worried about them coming back on time especially with it being a weekend. We had purchased a pair of tests through Switch Health (aeroplan) before we decided to drive so we had those as our back up plan. Is there a way to test in Buffalo if you don't get your results back by the time you are ready to drive across the border?

We just drove home this past Monday and we did our test at the Walgreens on Euclid. We had our test done at 10am on the Saturday and our results came by email on the Sunday at 7:20pm. I was a little worried about them coming back on time especially with it being a weekend. We had purchased a pair of tests through Switch Health (aeroplan) before we decided to drive so we had those as our back up plan. Is there a way to test in Buffalo if you don't get your results back by the time you are ready to drive across the border?

Thanks for the information. Did you have to pay for the tests at Walgreens?

I still have to look at the Buffalo options when we return. Our flight gets in to Buffalo late Saturday night.

I may just spring for the $150/test option at the Covid Clinic at Anaheim City Hall. They say you get your test back by 11:59 pm PDT the next day.

Thanks for the information. Did you have to pay for the tests at Walgreens?

I still have to look at the Buffalo options when we return. Our flight gets in to Buffalo late Saturday night.

I may just spring for the $150/test option at the Covid Clinic at Anaheim City Hall. They say you get your test back by 11:59 pm PDT the next day.
It was free but honestly for peace of mind I would pay for the test to guarantee results. If you had an easy back up plan it’s worth it but being stressed out during your vacation time really isn’t worth it.

We had almost 3 days after leaving anaheim because we were driving before crossing the border. Plus we had the other tests with us to use at the last minute. If we didn’t have those tests I would have paid for the tests just to know we had everything in line before crossing back to Canada.

After reading some reports I am going to pay for Covid Courier to come to the hotel. I am only in California for 5 days and I don’t want to ruin my holiday worrying about getting test results in time.

Me too! DH and I both don't drive so doing a drive-thru test at Walgreens isn't really an option unless we Uber.
I'm just going with Covid Test Courier to meet at my hotel lobby 60 hours before my flight so I can get my test results two days before my flight and have total peace of mind.

I can share back my experience (next Monday evening, results probably come back on Tuesday morning) next week!

Me too! DH and I both don't drive so doing a drive-thru test at Walgreens isn't really an option unless we Uber.
I'm just going with Covid Test Courier to meet at my hotel lobby 60 hours before my flight so I can get my test results two days before my flight and have total peace of mind.

I can share back my experience (next Monday evening, results probably come back on Tuesday morning) next week!

Do you have a link to the Covid Test Courier? I can’t seem to find it via Google.

Looking forward to reading your report!

After reading some reports I am going to pay for Covid Courier to come to the hotel. I am only in California for 5 days and I don’t want to ruin my holiday worrying about getting test results in time.
We used Covid Courier earlier this month and they were awesome to work with. We only had 3 park days (flew down on the 10th, flew back to Vancouver evening of the 14th) so our days were packed and we didn't want to waste any park time driving around for tests. They came to our hotel shortly after 7am and we had our results emailed to us at 11:30pm that night

We used Covid Courier earlier this month and they were awesome to work with. We only had 3 park days (flew down on the 10th, flew back to Vancouver evening of the 14th) so our days were packed and we didn't want to waste any park time driving around for tests. They came to our hotel shortly after 7am and we had our results emailed to us at 11:30pm that night
Wow!! That’s amazing!

Sigh, this is for sure throwing me in a loop: https://news.yahoo.com/u-cdc-urges-americans-avoid-194314224.html
I might have to reschedule my rapid antigen test and PCR test with these new announcements but I'm leaving on Saturday and scheduled my antigen test for Thursday evening (they might not refund me for rescheduling).
This is causing me so much anxiety!

Ick.
I’m hoping we’ll be okay. We are driving from Canada to Buffalo and as of now we don’t need a covid test to drive across the border; and as of right now we don’t need a test to board the plane in Buffalo either. We fly out Tuesday.

Quick question…I’m in Anaheim now.
When I go to book Covid Test Courier do I use the hotel address or my home address?

I was adding my home address then went to the next step and it was asking for payment info. So I stopped what I was doing and came back here for help. I’m afraid if I went to the next step the Covid Test Courier won’t know where I am.

How do I book this?

Thanks

When I go to book Covid Test Courier do I use the hotel address or my home address?

I was adding my home address then went to the next step and it was asking for payment info. So I stopped what I was doing and came back here for help. I’m afraid if I went to the next step the Covid Test Courier won’t know where I am.

How do I book this?

Thanks

I had the same issue. I ended up filling out my hotel address, which is correct!

How do I book this?

Thanks
I did the same thing as well. I did put my home address on it and then under notes put my hotel address. I was not sure what to do . I figured they needed my home address for billing info.😀

We are traveling to Disneyland with friends who won‘t get vaccinated. (No flames, please…. I love them dearly, but they have their minds made up about not getting vaccinated.) We will be flying on Southwest from Dallas to LAX. They are wondering if they need proof of negative Covid tests for either the airports or airline, or maybe even for Disneyland itself. If so, any idea how many hours beforehand? Like, 72 hours before the trip? And then maybe have to do it again before they fly home? This trip isn’t until June so I know a lot can change between now and then.

We are traveling to Disneyland with friends who won‘t get vaccinated. (No flames, please…. I love them dearly, but they have their minds made up about not getting vaccinated.) We will be flying on Southwest from Dallas to LAX. They are wondering if they need proof of negative Covid tests for either the airports or airline, or maybe even for Disneyland itself. If so, any idea how many hours beforehand? Like, 72 hours before the trip? And then maybe have to do it again before they fly home? This trip isn’t until June so I know a lot can change between now and then.

Anyone flying into LAX needs to fill out a form which can be found here City of Los Angeles Travel Form

To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Los Angeles requires all travelers entering the city from another state or country to fill out this online form, acknowledging that they have read and understood the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Travel guidance. All travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station.

Domestic Travel For Unvaccinated

If you are NOT fully vaccinated, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter