Travel + Leisure ABD discount

Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
Subscribers to Travel + Leisure magazine can claim an additional $100 discount, log in to adventuresbydisney.com/TL

It's only good from October 1 to November - and only good if you aren't claiming any other discount.

SO other than returning ABD, are there other discounts out there?

Subscribers to Travel + Leisure magazine can claim an additional $100 discount, log in to adventuresbydisney.com/TL

It's only good from October 1 to November - and only good if you aren't claiming any other discount.

SO other than returning ABD, are there other discounts out there?

So somebody who spends $20 on a subscription to Travel & Leisure gets the same discounts as those of us who have spent thousands of dollars on past ABD vacations? Unbelievable! :confused3

Upon reading the fine print, I see that it's not exactly the same discount. The T&L discount reads "per reservation", whereas the returning guest dicount is "per person". With only $100 discount on the entire reservation ABD wouldn't be taking much of hit if they let you combine that with the returning guest discount.

im willing to take what i can get...i definetely know that I want to do the Italy adventure on August 15, 2010...with my daughter...I just need to make the deposit...so maybe I will go for this promo it's better than nothing.

My TA gave a co-worker that went on the South African ABD this summer a $300 Visa gift card. When I went on our ABD she gave us a $200 gift card. I do know the amount of gift cards depends on the cost of the ABD

My TA gave a co-worker that went on the South African ABD this summer a $300 Visa gift card. When I went on our ABD she gave us a $200 gift card. I do know the amount of gift cards depends on the cost of the ABD

DU, Costco and several other travel agents that I've come across are giving gift cards. But they also gave those last year, when we had the EBD. I really wish I could find somebody who is offering something close to the discount I got last year which was EBD + returning guest + gift card. The EBD and returning guest discount was $500 per person. Being able to take $1000 off the price of our trip plus the $350 gift card had a big psychological effect on me. I was able to book early and not second guess myself at all. This year I'm tormented by the thought that I will book too early and something better will come out, or I'll wait too long and miss out on any discount that was available.

DU, Costco and several other travel agents that I've come across are giving gift cards. But they also gave those last year, when we had the EBD. I really wish I could find somebody who is offering something close to the discount I got last year which was EBD + returning guest + gift card. The EBD and returning guest discount was $500 per person. Being able to take $1000 off the price of our trip plus the $350 gift card had a big psychological effect on me. I was able to book early and not second guess myself at all. This year I'm tormented by the thought that I will book too early and something better will come out, or I'll wait too long and miss out on any discount that was available.

The big issue is the EBD that is no longer available. I don't believe travel agencies can discount the trips. Disney has a way of frowning and not allowing that unless they have group space or something like that. Think about it the gift cards come out of their commission.

I don't know what the commission amount is for ABD but to give an example if an ABD cost is $10,000 and the TA gets a $1000 commission (10%) For them to give a $200 gift card is 20% of their earning already. Giving away 20% for any business is a lot. I am a business owner and I can't see giving away 20% of all my earnings back to the consumer every time. There are business expenses and salaries. For travel agencies I am sure there are commission split with agents, that also come out of any earnings for any company. I am sure travel agencies experience the same type of expenses if not more

The only company that I can see that it won't affect as much is Costco just because they are a huge company but other smaller companies, less than 500 employees, 20% is a big amount to give back.

For them to give back $500 on the scenario above would be 50% of their Gross Earning
I don't see that happening

The big issue is the EBD that is no longer available. I don't believe travel agencies can discount the trips. Disney has a way of frowning and not allowing that unless they have group space or something like that. Think about it the gift cards come out of their commission.

I don't know what the commission amount is for ABD but to give an example if an ABD cost is $10,000 and the TA gets a $1000 commission (10%) For them to give a $200 gift card is 20% of their earning already. Giving away 20% for any business is a lot. I am a business owner and I can't see giving away 20% of all my earnings back to the consumer every time. There are business expenses and salaries. For travel agencies I am sure there are commission split with agents, that also come out of any earnings for my small company. I am sure travel agencies experience the same type of expenses if not more

The only company that I can see that it won't affect as much is Costco just because they are a huge company but other smaller companies, less than 500 employees, 20% is a big amount to give back

I totally agree. I think ABD should either reinstate the EBD or offer a more significant discount for returning guests if they book early. It shouldn't have to come out of the travel agent's pocket.

On top of that, the TA I'm working with for my 2010 trip (hi, Dotti! :)) is not being allowed by ABD to even give us the returning guest discount! We're getting a group price, but not being allowed to use our individual returning guest discounts on top of that. Which really seems petty of ABD management, considering it's not a significant discount, but there you go.

Sayhello

On top of that, the TA I'm working with for my 2010 trip (hi, Dotti! :)) is not being allowed by ABD to even give us the returning guest discount! We're getting a group price, but not being allowed to use our individual returning guest discounts on top of that. Which really seems petty of ABD management, considering it's not a significant discount, but there you go.

Sayhello

Sayhello, have you told us which trip your taking next year? If you did, I missed it. I know you do the adults only. Does Dotti have any non-adult only trips with the group rates?

Sayhello, have you told us which trip your taking next year? If you did, I missed it. I know you do the adults only. Does Dotti have any non-adult only trips with the group rates?
I'm doing the Knights & Lights trip with Dotti & a private group. I don't know if she's opened it to others yet. The intention is for it to be an Adults Only if she gets enough people to keep it private.

I don't know if she has any non-Adults Only trips out there. I'd suggest sending her a PM, I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you!

Sayhello

I'm doing the Knights & Lights trip with Dotti & a private group. I don't know if she's opened it to others yet. The intention is for it to be an Adults Only if she gets enough people to keep it private.

I don't know if she has any non-Adults Only trips out there. I'd suggest sending her a PM, I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you!

Sayhello

That looks like a great trip to me, but it wasn't on DS's list. He's already seen the Lion King and the rest of it didn't appeal to him. He said anything but London or any of the Italy trips. Wouldn't want to force my kid on a group that prefers to be adults only anyway. Hope you have a great time and don't break anything. :)

I was fortunate that my travel agent gave us a $250 discount on our trip for next year, otherwise, I'd probably have gone through Dreams Unlimited and got the gift card. My TA has my business for life! I agree every little bit helps!

Diskidatheart, did you get a group rate too? Was it $250 discount per person or was it per reservation, like the gift card promotions?

Sorry I haven't responded to your posts, (been a little busy at work). Anyway, I'm doing the Adults only trip to Italy in May 2010. My TA just gave us a discount of $250 total, not per person. This is our first trip, so we weren't able to get any other discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter