Travel insurance - with a package and room only SPLIT stay questions

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I have a split stay coming up. First part is a package with room and tickets. Second part is room only. If I add travel insurance to the Package, can I somehow get that insurance to cover the split stay room only portion of the trip also? Or would it just cover the package first portion of the trip?

That's a really good question to ask the insurance company, but probably not. Just like the entire hotel industry, travel insurance consider your plans to be separate entities.

I have a split stay coming up. First part is a package with room and tickets. Second part is room only. If I add travel insurance to the Package, can I somehow get that insurance to cover the split stay room only portion of the trip also? Or would it just cover the package first portion of the trip?
Insurance through Disney would only cover the package portion, not the room only res. At least that's what my situation was last summer when I had a package and a room only res. I bought through Allianz which will cover everything. I didn't need to file a claim but the price was reasonable. I will use it again.

If you use your own insurance, you will tell them the dates and cost of the trip, from the time you leave the door of your home until you return there. The insurance will then cover all of that.

I would consider purchasing third-party insurance so you can select your own dates and the coverage you need for your entire trip. I never purchase the insurance offered by the travel seller. I always purchase a separate policy on my own so I know I have every component of my trip covered.

If you have a premium travel card that comes with coverage, it often includes every part of vacation paid with that card. Plane tickets, car rental, hotel rooms and I am pretty sure mine covers meal plans and tickets paid as part of a package. I did have to get Disney to refund my deposit so I could then pay the total amount due with the card that had travel coverage. Disney was happy to oblige. Many banks offer premium cards with trip cancellation/interruption insurance. It may be worth checking the paperwork for your specific fee type card you carry.

In April we took a vacation to Disney and to visit family. We used TravelGaurd to insure ALL parts of our trip. From starting date to end date of the trip and insured the trip for the cost of everything. If you are looking to insure your trip, I suggestion using a 3rd party insurer, like others have said. Have A magical time!

In April we took a vacation to Disney and to visit family. We used TravelGaurd to insure ALL parts of our trip. From starting date to end date of the trip and insured the trip for the cost of everything. If you are looking to insure your trip, I suggestion using a 3rd party insurer, like others have said. Have A magical time!

Can you or anyone recommend a third party travel insurance co? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter