Travel Help

DrSeuss

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I'm visiting DLP for the second time (first time was many many years ago back when it was Euro Disney) on Monday (11th) with my girlfriend (it'll be her first time) to surprise her.

I'm staying at the Tulip Inn in Bussy St Georges from Sunday to Wednesday, which is apparently 1 stop on the RER from the park, and will be visiting Paris as well (I've got a special question to ask her! :hyper: ).

Anyway, I've got two questions really; firstly, can anyone suggest the best way of getting to the hotel on the Sunday? I'm torn between taking the RER from Charles De Gaulle cia Paris or trying to be a bit cheeky and get on the Disney (VEA?) bus and then take one stop back to paris on the train? Any suggestions on how the RER is on a sunday?

Secondly, my various disney experiences (WDW mostly) seem to suggest moving as quickly backwards round the park taking in the most popular rides first - but this was pre-fast pass. Does anyone have any suggestions of how we might best make use of our day there? I really don't want her lasting memory of Disney to be queues and crowds.

Thanks!!!

DrSeuss

Welcome to the DIS DrSeuss.

I wouldn't worry too much about crowds - the worst day will be the Sunday and you're only there for part of that. I don't think you're going during any French school holidays, so the crowds should thin out quite a bit from Monday. I don't have much experience of FastPass, though in my limited experience it worked well for Peter Pan and Thunder Mountain!! Get one if you're near an attraction you really want to do - they seem to be worth having. But, on a weekday, I would just chill out, wander round and enjoy the atmosphere!!

Not well up on trains - though it might be worth taking the TGV from the airport to DLP and then transferring to the RER.

Look forward to hearing about your trip - and the outcome of The Question! :D

Hi Bexx,

Thanks for the reply. We're not planning on going into the park on Sunday at all so hopefully the queues won't be a problem.

I've yet to get a good grip on the TGV site but it seems like the journey will only be about 9 minutes! Top tip, thanks! :wave2:

DrSeuss

LOL - the TGV site mystifies me as well!! I'm sure someone mentioned that you can just buy your ticket at the station rather than having to buy in advance - I think it was disneydavey.

Of course you will have to get from the terminal you land at, to the station which is a bit of a chore if you've got a lot of luggage!! But once you've done that, you only then need to transfer to another train at Marne La Vallee station, which isn't huge! If you took the VEA shuttle, it would be easier at the airport, but then you've got to lug your bags from the hotel to the station.

Sorry, if you read my other posts I seem to have a bit of hang up about carrrying luggage. But the last time we went we had a young DD, her pushchair and umpteen bags and it was a bit of nightmare, so now I'm always trying to work out the easiest way to do anything like this!!

I finally manged to figure it out! Luggage isn't really going to be an issue for the two of us (carry on only) - thank god - but the temptation of cutting the journey down to ~15 mins and bypassing chatelet les halles was too tempting so I've booked TGV tickets to collect at the station - it was only about €10 pricier than the VEA anyway.

By the looks of it, we'll be able to take the RER A train to our hotel quite easily (it seems pretty regular) and then back to DLP on Monday. I can't wait! :bounce:

Thanks again

DrSeuss

Well done figuring out the site - definitely sounds like the best option for you!

Have a WONDERFUL time. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter