Travel between FW and POR

house_of_princesses

<font color=FF66FF>Has a multitude of DIS friends
My folks are planning on staying at POR while we're at FW this December. What are my options for travelling between the two? I really wanted them closer, but all else was cost prohibitive. (My DSis will be with them, in another room, so we're talking about three adults.) I imagine we can take the bus. If we take the boat, do I go to the ticket center, then catch another transport to POR?

Thanks!!:D

I think if you take the boat from FW to MK, you can get a bus at MK which goes to POR...........someone who has been more recently may know a better way? We haven't been since 3/99.
Have Fun :)

Yes you can do it that way or you can get a bus directly from Ft Wilderness to Downtown Disney then transfer to the bus for Por.
The buses run until 2 am to Downtown Disney. You catch the bus at the outpost where you check in at.

Are you going to have a car? If so, you're only a 5 minute drive away from POR. Another option (slower) if you are going to go the Marketplace route is to take the boat from Downtown Disney to POR (if they are still running) Just another option. You could also grab a boat over to the Contemporary, hop the monorail to the TTC and then take a bus from there. Whew.

2 rooms at POR are cheaper then 1 Cabin at FW? I would think it would be close cost wise and a Cabin can Handle 3 Adults easily. Just a thought.

I'd love for them to have a cabin, but my sis needs her down time, I guess. Maybe if I sweet talk my mom or dad......;)

To be honest, I really don't know which would be cheaper. Will try and find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter