• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel agent rates

Is "Disney travel agents" a specific company and you're asking about their specific policy? If not, then no, you can book as many cruises as you like and receive travel agent perks for each one, as far as Disney cruise line is concerned. For example, Costco Travel provides a Costco Cash Card for 10% of the base cost of each cruise they either book for you or that you transfer to them within 30 days of booking. And that is the case no matter how many Disney cruises you take in one year. You get the same benefits for each one.

Is it true that you can only use one special travel agent rate cruise per year through Disney travel agents
Is "Disney travel agents" a specific company and you're asking about their specific policy? If not, then no, you can book as many cruises as you like and receive travel agent perks for each one, as far as Disney cruise line is concerned. For example, Costco Travel provides a Costco Cash Card for 10% of the base cost of each cruise they either book for you or that you transfer to them within 30 days of booking. And that is the case no matter how many Disney cruises you take in one year. You get the same benefits for each one.
Sorry I’m not a very good explainer I have completed the Disney college of knowledge when that is complete you have access to special rates and benefits for you and immediate family DCL phone has been busy for 2 hours that’s why I’m asked on here

Sorry I’m not a very good explainer I have completed the Disney college of knowledge when that is complete you have access to special rates and benefits for you and immediate family DCL phone has been busy for 2 hours that’s why I’m asked on here
I believe you also have to have earned your CLIA card, but I could be wrong about that. In other words, completing the DCoK alone isn't enough. They want to make sure the perks are going to TAs actively working as TAs.

So if I get a 10% discount from a placeholder could I then transfer the cruise to Costco and get a card for 10% of what I transfer to them?

So if I get a 10% discount from a placeholder could I then transfer the cruise to Costco and get a card for 10% of what I transfer to them?
You get the 10% placeholder discount from DCL. After transferring your placeholder to Costco, your 10% placeholder discount is still in force. That discount is taken off the price of the cruise you book with the placeholder. So a cruise that normally costs $6,000 (before taxes, etc.) would now cost $5,400 (before taxes, etc.) due to your 10% placeholder discount.

In addition to DCL's 10% discount, after the cruise you will get a Costco Shop Card for 8.5% of your base cruise cost (the cost before taxes, etc.) So for that $5,400 (before taxes, etc.) cruise, you would get a Costco Shop Card worth $459.

Last edited:
You can transfer a cruise booked using a placeholder, or transfer a placeholder reservation and ask Costco (or any other travel agent) to convert it to an actual cruise, only within 30 days of purchasing the placeholder. If you are still within that 30-day period, then yes, as Cheburashka described, you can get both the 10% discount on the cruise cost and the Shop Card from Costco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter