Trashed rooms at okw this week

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
We were in building 18.
DD said the one bedroom connected to us checked out after noon and they were screaming at each other. One person yelled I am walking out now and I am just taking this load.
When the CM finally went in she said several more came in and worked in it for hours then the maintenance came in with tools and she could hear that work being done during the day hours. It always had a room occupied sign on it while we were there. And a basket from house keeping by its door.
The blinds were open the entire time of our stay it faced our balcony when we had our balcony windows opening we could see the reflection of the Disney tv screen on and a CM working occasionally. Yikes

And upon check out. Our CM had a supervisor come to a room and said something alongs the line (I can’t exactly remember) wait till you see this one.

What and the heck are people doing?! Treat places with some decency.

I wonder how or if Disney holds these people liable for damages. We all get that $100 charge for “incidentals” on check in but surely this type of mayhem should be billed to the card linked to the reservation!

I wonder how or if Disney holds these people liable for damages. We all get that $100 charge for “incidentals” on check in but surely this type of mayhem should be billed to the card linked to the reservation!
What 100. for incidental charge? I have never seen that .

Interesting. That seems kind of an odd policy. Whether you check in online or not you could trash the room, charge things and not have a card linked, etc.
Yes, but technically, for DVC, I don't think they can stop you (or your guests) from checking into a property that has an interest that is legally deeded to you, if you have a reservation. Unless there has been a prior incident that caused you to be banned. I do online check-in, and have other online Disney accounts (Disney+, Hulu, Shop Disney...) so they've got credit cards on file anyway.

Last edited:
When online check-in first began, I did not use it. When I checked in at the front desk, I did not have to give them a credit card to put on file.

Yes, but technically, for DVC, I don't think they can stop you (or your guests) from checking into a property that has an interest that is legally deeded to you, if you have a reservation. Unless there has been a prior incident that caused you to be banned. I do online check-in, and have other online Disney accounts (Disney+, Hulu, Shop Disney...) so they've got credit cards on file anyway.

My understanding is that legally they are in dicey waters using a credit card on file for anything other than what you've authorized.

With DVC I would think that they'd are likely to put a hold on your account until the damages are paid off - they can do that, just like they can cancel your reservations if you don't pay your dues. You are responsible for your guest or renters. For anyone not paying on points, they do have a credit card and you agree to pay for damages as part of the contract you sign when you check in. All that "sign here" has a reason.

Though honestly - has any of us ever heard of Disney charging for room damage? - other than maybe the "smoking in the room" fee - and I'm not sure if I've ever heard of them doing even that.

This.

For a cash stay, they can require a credit/debit card or cash deposit to hold for incidentals, cancellation fees, or damages. For a DVC room with a deeded "ownership" interest, they cannot.

The $100 hold is actually for room charge privileges. You charge $100 to the room, they put another $100 hold. They want to keep ahead of the room charges, so you don’t check out and they find the card not valid or over the credit limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter