• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transporting an ecv with 3 large suitcases - what type of vehicle?

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
I have been looking around for quotes on towncars to take us from Universal to Disney World in the middle of our stay - we are renting a ecv (a 3 wheel version which can be taken apart to fit in a trunk of a car) - problem is we will also be carrying 3 large suitcases, hand luggage and 3 adult passengers.

Walker Mobility suggest hiring an SUV - taxi company suggest a van - what would you recommend?

We only need the larger vehicle to take us between the two resorts - a small one will do to transport to Universal as we wont have the ecv at that point (being dropped off at Universal hotel and collected at Disney at end of stay) WE are using Magical Express from Disney to airport for home.

When my family drops me at the airport we stuff my scooter, two giant suitcases, a duffel bag, and 3 adults into a Hyundai Santa Fe, which is a mid-range SUV. My scooter doesn't come apart the way yours does and even so, we could fit another big suitcase if we needed to.

We always hire a car when we come to Florida, and the last couple of years have specifically hired an intermediate SUV as a minimum so we can transport the scooter and/or DD and/or luggage. My favourite (for comfort and ease of getting the scooter in the back and cases in the second row of seats) was a Town & Country/Grand Caravan.

The smallest we've hired is a Chevy Captiva, but that model isn't made anymore. March last year we were upgraded free to a Hyundai Sante Fe but I wasn't keen on it as the passenger seat was so low down and couldn't be adjusted. As I said, the free upgrade to the Grand Caravan DD and I got in November was my favourite. Just put the third row of seats down and the back is simply enormous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter