Transportation w/ 2 mobility aids

LiloFan3

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm curious if anyone could offer advice/suggestions on using Disney-only transportation with more than one mobility aid. DMIL will rent an ECV from an off-site company, and I will have my manual chair and smart drive. Will we need to plan on taking 2 different buses to/from the park (due to limited space on busses for wheelchairs/scooters/strollers)? How can we ensure her ECV will fit on Disney transportation?
Also, would we need to look into another transportation option to get us from Pop to Poly for an 845a reservation?

Thanks!

I can't speak about the trip from Pop to Poly for your breakfast reservation, but as far as the buses go, you will just need to indicate to the Driver that you are traveling together, and prefer to stay together.

If there is already another device (ECV/chair/etc.) loaded on the bus, and two additional spots are not available, then the Driver can call dispatch and ask for another bus to be sent.

We met a charming couple during our last stay (April/May this year) who were both using personal mobility devices, and they said they only rarely had to wait for a second bus.

On our next trip, we will have 2 devices in our party, so I will be interested to see your trip report! :)

I do know that the Minnie Vans (a car service that is only for WDW) have at least one unit that is capable of handling an ECV -or- a wheelchair; not sure if it could handle both unless you could fold your chair; even then, you might have to consult with them. The service is $20 one way anywhere on WDW property, so it could potentially be an option for your breakfast reservation. You work with the Concierge/Front Desk to have a Minnie Van called to the Resort. You could ask about it at check-in. I would allow at least an hour transportation time for that time of day.

We are doing two scooters at the end of November. We are using buses, too. We plan on leaving early and using extra magic mornings. I believe there will be less people then; so, I'm hoping we won't have a big issue. On the same note, we won't leave after fireworks or parades when exiting the park will be a zoo.

Going at off times I think will really help. Late mornings, early afternoons should be okay, too.

My friend uses an ECV we where leaving MK one night and there were 2 ECV in front of us along with a few other people in there group and no one else the CM told us we would have to wait for another buss the first bus came and a minute latter our bus came we were on and ready to go before they were loaded on there bus.

If you find you can not get on because you are useing a ECV ask the driver to call for another bus for you

When we left AK last Saturday evening about 8:45, a bus was just pulling out. At our stop there were 2 ECV,s and a wheelchair in front of us and I was in a scooter. There was a great Transportation CM working the area and he came right over to inform me that only 2 ECVs would fit on the next bus. We waited about 20 minutes for that bus. It took both scooters and the WC. We only waited about 5 minutes for the next bus he called for us. There ere only 3 others on our bus. I thought it was totally reasonable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter