Transportation to Universal Studios

blueman

Earning My Ears
Hello, I will be visiting WDW in May and will be staying at the Contemporary Resort. I would also like to visit Universal Studios but would prefer not to rent a car. Does anybody know what type of transporation is available between the Contemporary and Universal Studios and the cost involved?

Thanks!

-Blueman

I can't really help you make a decision, but I can tell you about my experience with Mears. They picked us up in a little van and took us to US. At the end of the trip, we looked for the little van. Well, we were told we had to board one of the big busses. These busses stop at EVERY hotel in the area! Not just Disney hotels....all of them. We didn't stick around to see how long it took and we ended up taking a cab back to the hotel.

I always rent a car for my trip now, so I don't know of any other options of getting to US.

There's no transportation from Disney to Universal that I know of. I think your best bet would be to have Guest Services at the Contemporary call a cab for you. Be sure to tell the cab driver to take the "back" way, not I-4 just in case the highway is backed up (frequently). Have fun at Universal!

The Mears shuttles cost about $10.00 per person round trip. You can also rent a car for the day to go to Universal on WDW property through National at the Car Care Center near MK or through Dollar at the Marriott Courtyard at Downtown Disney. The rental cars are around $25.00 - $30.00 (economy car) a day, unlimited mileage. If you have 3 or more people in your party, renting your own car for the day would be cheaper and alot easier. Usually Dollar rental cars are a little cheaper than National.

We just returned on Mon and stayed at the Contemporary. In the lobby by bell services there is a phone that connects you directly to Mears. We called the night before and they gave us a few choices for pick-up times. (We chose 8:20 am) They then tell you to call 2 hours before you are ready to leave Universal for a pick-up time. (We left at 8:30 pm) They use a small van for both pick- up and drop off. They pick you up in front of the Contemporary, and drop you off at Universal right at the entrance( it's the same place you meet them at when its time to leave Universal)
It was 12.00 a person round trip. We did not have any problems with them, and I would use them again. We did share the van with another couple from the hotel, but that was fine. Everyone pays the driver and you get a slip for your return trip. There was a total of 6 peple in the van. There are also cabs in front of the hotel, and they were charging around 32.00 each way for the trip
Hope this helps..

I cannot say I have tried them yet---but will when we go to WDW. I am already planning on taking "Your Ride" to Sea world and Universal from WDW. Rabbittz is a sponsor for these boards. I have heard TONS of good things coming from them. Probaby cheaper or same price as Mears, and you get your own town-car. Check out their web site.

I just called Tiffany Towncar and they will do round trip from your hotel to Universal for $60.00. There are 6 of us total so I think I will go with them. They have been excellent in the past with airport transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter