Transportation to the Water Parks

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
First ever Disney trip with my family of 4 (kids ages 6 and 8). We are going for 10 days and so will have the time (and desire) to visit both water parks for a few hours. However it seems to be a pain getting there. Is it true that we have to take the bus to Disney Springs and then from there take a bus to the Water park. If this is true, how long and how much of a pain is it? (we're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort). Is it worth it to use the Lyft Minnie Vans or is the Disney transportation reasonable?

For Typhoon Lagoon, you have to take the Disney Springs bus. For Blizzard Beach, it’s the Animal Kingdom bus and then transfers. Definitely easier to Lyft/Uber it.

Disney transportation will get you there but it may take awhile. For Typhoon Lagoon, you take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer there. For Blizzard Beach, I think you take a bus to AK and transfer there. We love the water parks but we always have our own car.

The one to Typhoon is pretty easy, the one to Blizzard I find a bit trickier. Neither is too bad, the buses tend to get there about when I need them, but we are pretty chill.

@MrVargas - FYI, I moved your thread to the Transportation board.

The PP’s have covered the setup, but I’ll agree that I find the transferring annoying and we will usually Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Minnie Van depending on the circumstances. We do take a change of dry clothes so I don’t lower my Uber rating by getting in someone’s car with damp clothes. :-)

We did this for the first time in December going to Typhoon Lagoon and found that it wasn’t too bad. The transfer at Disney Springs was very smooth and quick.

One nice advantage CSR and the All-Star Resort have is they still have direct buses to Blizzard Beach.:)

First ever Disney trip with my family of 4 (kids ages 6 and 8). We are going for 10 days and so will have the time (and desire) to visit both water parks for a few hours. However it seems to be a pain getting there. Is it true that we have to take the bus to Disney Springs and then from there take a bus to the Water park. If this is true, how long and how much of a pain is it? (we're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort). Is it worth it to use the Lyft Minnie Vans or is the Disney transportation reasonable?
Any chance you could switch to CSR? Just a thought.

We haven't done blizzard beach since the buses changed but on our last trip we took an uber to typhoon lagoon (went shopping in the morning so wanted to maximize our afternoon time) and it was less than 7$ from Pop Century. I thought it was well worth it and I estimate that it saved us easily half an hour to probably more like an hour of time.

We took a change of clothes and took the bus to Disney Springs afterwards for dinner and I'd do things that way again.

One nice advantage CSR and the All-Star Resort have is they still have direct buses to Blizzard Beach.:)
Are you sure that is still true? The bus from Epcot to CSR used to be the one that also went from CSR to BB, and I was told last year that it no longer does. I don't know whether they now run a dedicated bus from CSR.
Any chance you could switch to CSR? Just a thought.
That seems like overkill just to ease transportation on 1 day out of 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter