Transportation to events

rab

Earning My Ears
We will be at the CBR in June, 2002. How would we get to the Hoop Dee Doo and Cirque du Soliel? Also, how do you travel from one hotel to the next?
Thanks. :bounce:

To go to Cirque du Soliel just take a Bus from your resort to Downtown Disney. For Resort to Resort you would need to take a Bus from your resort to Downtown Disney and then catch a bus to the Resort you want to go to. I never went to the Hoop de do but on the Transportation Guide/Map it says you need to take a bus to Pleasure Island and then take a Bus to the Transportation Center and then take a bus to Fort Wilderness. When you check into your resort make sure you get one of the Transportation Guide/Maps it tells you how to get around WDW.

It might be worth it to just call a cab :D
It is a lot of bus transferring to get to Hoop D Doo and will eat up alot of time!!! You don't want to take the chance of being late. :D

When you get to the resort they will give you a map and bus guide that says how to get where.

We'll have a car, but I just thought it might be easier on bus. Any problem with parking if we drive ourselves?

I think driving yourself to the Hoop Dee Doo would be easier. I think you would just park in the main lot near the entrance, and from there catch an internal Fort Wilderness bus to Pioneer Hall, where the Hoop Dee Doo is held. When DH and I went to the Hoop Dee Doo in 1999, we didn't have a car. Getting there wasn't too bad - we took a bus from our resort to the MK, then took a boat from MK to Fort Wilderness. But, after Hoop Dee Doo we stayed to watch the Water Parade from the beach at Fort Wilderness, and by the time we left, MK was closed (it was off-season, so they closed early). We had to take an internal bus back to the main parking lot near the entrance to Fort Wilderness, then wait for a bus to Downtown Disney, and from there take a bus back to our resort - it took over an hour to get back to our resort.

As for getting to Cirque, take the Downtown Disney bus. There are three DD stops: DD Marketplace, PLeasure Island, and DD Westside. Get off at the Westside stop (the last of the 3) and Cirque is right there.

A more seasoned WDW traveler may be able to clarify this but isn't it right next to River Country? Could you take a bus to RC and walk? Would be interested in the reply myself!
Also - any comments on Hoop-dee-do for teens - Thanks!

Keep checking back because Disney is about to change the Tranportation to Ft. Wild to where You can get a Bus from Downtown Disney to Ft Wilderness Directly This Change should be in Affect by June when you Vist WDW.

MrsV - even if you can take abus to RC, I don't think that would help you in returning to your resort, because RC would likely be closed for the day by then.

ztbz - even if there is a direct bus from DD to Ft. Wilderness, it still seems like it would be easier to drive if they have car. In order to get back to their resort, they will still have to go from Ft. Wilderness to DD, then switch to another bus back to their resort from DD. Anytime you have to switch buses like that, it can take a long time to get wherevr you are going. I still say if you have a car, it would be quicker to drive to the Hoop Dee Doo - unless you are planning on enjoying the evening at DD, it which case it makes sense to take the bus to DD, spend some time there, then get a bus back to your resort. If you simply want to get back to the resort after the show, I'd say drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter