• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation To Disneyland From Orange County Airport

gppnj

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
What's the best way to do it other than renting a car? Is there some kind fo shuttle van, or do I need to get a taxi?

There are several shuttle companies right outside of baggage claim ready to drive you to Disneyland and any of the neighboring hotels for around $10-$11 per person. Supershuttle is the most well known. There's also a bus, but I prefer the shuttles. A taxi will run you around $35, so it tends to make sense for 3-4 people. (None of these fares include tip). It's very easy to get transportation from John Wayne to DL.

We have used the shuttles before and they are okay. A couple of weeks ago we tried the Disneyland Express bus service through grayline. The cost was less than the shuttles because their web sight has a coupon that you can print off. The buses were very nice! There were only 10 people when we left SNA and only 5 when we returned to the airport. The transportation was fast and we are going to use this service again when we return in January.

Glad to hear you had a good experience with the bus. We are book on it in late January and I was worried with some of the other reviews I have seen.
Since we are staying at the DLH it should work ok. :rotfl:

abby said:
Glad to hear you had a good experience with the bus. We are book on it in late January and I was worried with some of the other reviews I have seen.
Since we are staying at the DLH it should work ok. :rotfl:

That is where we stayed last time. The transportation was perfect! That is the first drop off and last pick up location. You will be a straight shot back and forth from the airport. Have Fun!

I have a family of four, and we always just take a taxi. It's easy and convenient, and it was about $35 plus tip if I remember correctly. :sunny:

Did you tip the bus driver? I am never sure who to tip and how much.....

abby said:
Did you tip the bus driver? I am never sure who to tip and how much.....

I tipped a $1 per bag. The driver loads and unloads the bags from the bus. I never know what the proper amount is. :confused3

We are planning to use the bus as there are only the 2 of us this time (actually DH and I are arriving different days). I like that they have scheduled hourly departures from the hotels back to the airport so you don't have to guess how long it will take like you do with the Supershuttle.

rsschneck said:
We have used the shuttles before and they are okay. A couple of weeks ago we tried the Disneyland Express bus service through grayline. The cost was less than the shuttles because their web sight has a coupon that you can print off. The buses were very nice! There were only 10 people when we left SNA and only 5 when we returned to the airport. The transportation was fast and we are going to use this service again when we return in January.

Would you mind posting the website for this? We are looking for transport from Long Beach airport. The flights to Orange Co were literally twice as much! Thanks.

Super Shuttle all the way! Pre-pay before you leave if you can (on expedia?) It turned out that we paid a lot less than walk up customers.

almacdonald said:
Super Shuttle all the way! Pre-pay before you leave if you can (on expedia?) It turned out that we paid a lot less than walk up customers.
How did you do pre-pay? I couldn't find it on Expedia.

I booked my trip through expedia. Roundtrip transportation was listed as an activity after i chose my hotel and airfare. You can pre-book the shuttle on the supershuttle website if you're not booking through expedia.

one small hint.. Be careful with pre=paying on the super shuttle. My dad was charged twice. He pre paid and had his receipt and the driver insisted that he didn't. It was a real mess and I don't know what the end result was.. I do know his credit card had 2 charges on it and they would not refund him..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter