• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to cruise port from Aulani?

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
Hi, All! My husband & I had our first trip to Aulani last May 2022. We flew in & out of the Honolulu airport & rented a car for the length of our stay which worked out great as we ventured out to see the island. We are in the planning stages of returning to Aulani in 2025 to spend a few days prior to boarding a cruise ship for our 50th wedding anniversary. We plan to chill more at the resort this time prior to our cruise. We’re wondering how we should handle our transportation this time considering we will be leaving the island at the cruise port. We will sail to Vancouver then fly back home. Has anyone had any experience with this type of trip? Should we still rent a car? Should we use a shuttle or other type of transportation? Thoughts? Experience?

@christianweecare My wife an I haven't done the HI cruise yet (bucket list!) but I've been to the cruise port. I don't think that it had anywhere to drop a vehicle.

If your stay is more, land , camp at Aulani and then head to ship. I'd just do transfers for the big legs (HNL to Aulani and Aulani to port). If you're not leaving the resort, no reason to spend the $

That’s what I’m thinking, too. Now I guess we need to figure out transportation from the airport to Aulani then transportation from Aulani to the port.

We used Charlie’s taxes both to and from airport last time we were there. It was fine. Our guy met us at baggage claim with leis.

There is an Enterprise car rental literally next door to the slip(like walk with your suitcases close) where the POA docks. Not sure if that’s which cruise you mean; the Disney ship slip may be further away. They were nice enough to let us pick up at the airport but drop off there without the extra fee. YMMV on that, but I think the fee is only like $40 anyway.

We’re not sailing Disney. We will be sailing Celebrity. We need to find out the particulars about our port of embarkation & get the lay of the land, I guess.

There is an Enterprise car rental literally next door to the slip(like walk with your suitcases close) where the POA docks. Not sure if that’s which cruise you mean; the Disney ship slip may be further away. They were nice enough to let us pick up at the airport but drop off there without the extra fee. YMMV on that, but I think the fee is only like $40 anyway.
How long ago was this? I just checked Enterprise's website and the closest office I can find to the cruise terminal is at 1221 Kapiolani Blvd which appears to be about 1.5 miles away. We are sailing on POA in Nov after our stay at Aulani and this would be so convenient if we could drop off our car right next to the cruise terminal. Maybe I'm missing something, and not seeing the one you are referring to.

Thanks!

How long ago was this? I just checked Enterprise's website and the closest office I can find to the cruise terminal is at 1221 Kapiolani Blvd which appears to be about 1.5 miles away. We are sailing on POA in Nov after our stay at Aulani and this would be so convenient if we could drop off our car right next to the cruise terminal. Maybe I'm missing something, and not seeing the one you are referring to.

Thanks!
Aww it looks like it’s permanently closed :( Was right there at Pier 1. But if you drop off at that other one a mile away, the would probably drive you over there. We were going to just walk, but they actually drove us right up to the door. So nice; such a shame they closed. Hope those same folks got moved to a different location. Also, we used Enterprise on every island (except Avis on Kauai) and the service was excellent everywhere. Enjoy your cruise; it’s a great way to find your favorite islands to revisit!!!07F0A7BD-89B5-4A8D-8D83-AD11F5046009.png

Aww it looks like it’s permanently closed :( Was right there at Pier 1. But if you drop off at that other one a mile away, the would probably drive you over there. We were going to just walk, but they actually drove us right up to the door. So nice; such a shame they closed. Hope those same folks got moved to a different location. Also, we used Enterprise on every island (except Avis on Kauai) and the service was excellent everywhere. Enjoy your cruise; it’s a great way to find your favorite islands to revisit!!!View attachment 743516
Thanks! Yeah it would be nice if it was still there. I'm sure it would get used at ton. Oh, well. We'll just go back to our original plan of dropping off at the airport and Uber / Lyft to the port. I was hoping I just wasn't finding what you used. Thanks for responding!

Charlies can't pick up at the cruise terminal (you have to meet them a few blocks away). I don't know how drop off works, they may be able to drop you directly at the cruise port, if not the walk is easy enough on a sidewalk. But just something to check/be aware of.

Not an answer but we will be running a scouting trip for you. We are heading to Aulani for 6 nights this May then on to the Celebrity Eclipse for the island hop/transocean Vancouver cruise.

We will have a car on Oahu so different logistics to the cruise ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter