Transportation to airport day of or night before?

Kathy Muniz

Mouseketeer
We have a 6:45am flight booked at LaGuardia on Saturday 12/8. Debating whether to get a ride to the airport at 4am that Saturday, or stay at a hotel near LGA the night before and get a ride there around 9:30pm. Any tips from those who have done this before? Is it less stressful to be close to the airport the night before?

Sorry forgot to include that we live 1.5 hrs from the airport. It will be four of us, me hubby 16DD and 9DS.

I’ll book a private shuttle either way since it’s 4 of us with luggage.

With kids I’d probably personally lean towards being there the night before but I think a lot of that depends on their personalities - will you be able to get them out at 4am with no issues?

I would definitely get there the night before. With a 90 minute drive, I would worry about things like an accident closing the freeway causing a lengthy detour, getting a flat tire, or any other unforeseen delay that could cause me to miss my flight. It would be much easier to spend the night nearby and get the extra sleep in the morning.

Night before IMHO. I'm a planner type, and last minute issues drive me nuts. I'd rather be there a night before, able to relax a bit and able to adapt if there was an issue. At 4AM it's tough to adapt.

remember that you need to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of time, so you will need to BE there by about 4, not leave for the airport at that time

remember that you need to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of time, so you will need to BE there by about 4, not leave for the airport at that time
For domestic flights, which this most likely is, 1.5-2 hours per the TSA. Airlines, as stated above, but much closer: 45 minutes. BUT you and your luggage need to be fully checked in by the time that 45 minutes hits.

If you haven't actually booked yet, look into a park/stay/fly hotel. It might be cheaper than the car service+hotel. Assuming, of course, you have a car you're willing to drive almost 200 miles r/t :)

If you haven't actually booked yet, look into a park/stay/fly hotel. It might be cheaper than the car service+hotel. Assuming, of course, you have a car you're willing to drive almost 200 miles r/t :)

Would’ve done this but we fly back to a different airport than we leave from, found a cheaper fare that way so just going to do the car service. Thanks for letting me know that was s thing though, will keep that in mind for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter