Transportation/Room Block

bkramer

Earning My Ears
We are looking at a Disney Fairy Tale Wishes Wedding, but many of our guests will probably stay at shades of green. Has anyone done this and
been able to set up transportation from SOG to/from the wedding(at the boardwalk)? Does Disney offer this? would I have to set up separate transportation with Mears?? Probably 25%-50% of our guests are military, so I want to make sure that they have SOG as an option and easy transportation.

Also- Has anyone been able to set up a room block at SOG even though they are having a DFTW? I know that we have each member sponsor 3 rooms, but I want to make it as easy as possible on my guests being able to just call them up and make the reservation. Thank!:)

I'd call DFTW. Don't you need to guarantee a minimum number of rooms for a Wishes wedding?

Transportation hired through Disney (who uses Mears) can go anywhere—SOG, the Swan and Dolphin, even off property.

You would not be able to block rooms at SOG through your Disney room block, but perhaps SOG has a similar group reservations program.

thanks for the info! so glad to hear that I will be able to keep the transportation consistent and just have it all set up through Disney. I know SOG wont be on my Disney block, but I'm hoping that your suggestion lurky loo is something that SOG will offer. If any other military dftw brides have done this let me know :) If only we could officially nail down our date, a few phone calls will hopefully get all these questions answered!

But having fellow disbrides for so much info ahead of time is such a help!!! You ladies are the best:cheer2:

Disney does have a fantastic military discount for the resorts as well (40% for deluxe, 35% for moderate, 30% for value). We find that using those makes it equal to or cheaper than SOG. Your guests may want to look into using those instead of staying at SOG.

really? I didn't realize that it got that high. We will definitely have to look into that!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter