Transportation Question

jeffann6

Mouseketeer
Family of 4 going from Port Canaveral to Universal after August 2022 Disney Cruise, any suggestions on transportation other than renting a car?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you Uber, you likely need to order an UberXL to be certain it's large enough to carry 4 people + luggage.

FL Tours, a sponsor here, offers a discount to DIS users. We've used them for groups of 7 and 11, both were a great experience.

FL Tours, a sponsor here, offers a discount to DIS users. We've used them for groups of 7 and 11, both were a great experience.
I was looking into them recently but (I believe due to COVID) their site doesn't have much information for the van option. I'm curious with a group of 8 people are they capable of handling 8 suitcases + 4 or so carry on suitcases?

I was looking into them recently but (I believe due to COVID) their site doesn't have much information for the van option. I'm curious with a group of 8 people are they capable of handling 8 suitcases + 4 or so carry on suitcases?

We did the 15 passenger "tall" van (I think it was a nicer Mercedes black van vs. the old school 15 passenger vans with bench seating) and had 11 people plus luggage with no problem. 5 of the people were kids 12 and under, but we had a couple of booster seats and all worked out. For 7 we had a nicer 8 passenger van and everything fit.

We did the 15 passenger "tall" van (I think it was a nicer Mercedes black van vs. the old school 15 passenger vans with bench seating) and had 11 people plus luggage with no problem. 5 of the people were kids 12 and under, but we had a couple of booster seats and all worked out. For 7 we had a nicer 8 passenger van and everything fit.

Looking into using FL Tours as well. Do you feel like there were any advantages to using this over Disney Cruise Line Transfer Busses?

Looking into using FL Tours as well. Do you feel like there were any advantages to using this over Disney Cruise Line Transfer Busses?

For our groups we found the advantages to be:
1) Cheaper
2) More convenient (we picked the pick-up times to/from the port)
3) Variety of pick-up locations - for our 7 day cruises we didn't do Disney but flew in the night before, we stayed at an airport near MCO (not Hyatt due to cost) and they picked us up from there
4) Luggage handling if you want it

For our Wish cruise, we will be heading to the port from the resorts and then direct to the airport so we could use Disney's but for that we'll sill use FL Tours for reasons 1 and 2 above. We don't want to get to the port later than 11:00am or 11:30am. That will allow us to check-in and have a short wait to board and then enjoy lunch while we wait for our room to be available. On a 3-day cruise we dont' want to miss time on the new ship to explore.

For our groups we found the advantages to be:
1) Cheaper
2) More convenient (we picked the pick-up times to/from the port)
3) Variety of pick-up locations - for our 7 day cruises we didn't do Disney but flew in the night before, we stayed at an airport near MCO (not Hyatt due to cost) and they picked us up from there
4) Luggage handling if you want it

For our Wish cruise, we will be heading to the port from the resorts and then direct to the airport so we could use Disney's but for that we'll sill use FL Tours for reasons 1 and 2 above. We don't want to get to the port later than 11:00am or 11:30am. That will allow us to check-in and have a short wait to board and then enjoy lunch while we wait for our room to be available. On a 3-day cruise we dont' want to miss time on the new ship to explore.

Thank you for the great list!!! I forgot to ask- do they provide car-seats? We will still need one for our 4 year old. This will be our first cruise- do you find it advantageous to get to the port by 11:30? I've read the DCL busses get there later (1:30-2).

Thank you for the great list!!! I forgot to ask- do they provide car-seats? We will still need one for our 4 year old. This will be our first cruise- do you find it advantageous to get to the port by 11:30? I've read the DCL busses get there later (1:30-2).

Yes, they can do car seats and booster seats by request, that's what we needed on our last two transfers. Our last we needed 2 car seats and a booster.

The ship generally depending on turnaround time which can vary cruise to cruise, starts boarding no later than 12:00 (can be slightly earlier, sometimes later). That's why we like arriving between 11:00 - 11:30. That's time to drop our luggage, clear the security screening, check-in and have a short wait to board the ship. It also seems to be the sweet spot between the early arrivers creating long lines at security and check-in and the arrival of the resort guests.

In this scenario you're on the ship about 60-90 minutes prior to your room being available. We use that time to have lunch and we do that at whatever restaurant is doing a seated lunch - we don't do Cabanas. So, we like to be on the ship early to get ahead of the crowd at the sit down option or clear up any issues we may have had booking or registering for things. We also used to do it to get in ahead of the crowds at the Kids Club for registration - but now that you can pick up your magic band during your first check-in it's not as big of a deal.

We have always used Tiffany Towncar to pick us up at Port back to WDW or that area. You can make your requests and they will accommodate.

Family of 4 going from Port Canaveral to Universal after August 2022 Disney Cruise, any suggestions on transportation other than renting a car?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tiffany towncar is very good reasonable prices very professional they also offer free car and boosters seats for kids also they offer a complementary store stop if you need water and snacks I we really love there Service very much.

Port Arrival is the biggest question right now. We don't know how they are truly going to do it - but I would venture a guess that they are going to be much more strict about your arrival time and not let people in early to avoid crowding in the terminal.

So basically, your PAT may be after 11:30 and you will have to abide by that.

I actually like the arrival by DCL bus - they play cartoons and stuff on the way over, and there is not the usual chaos in the terminal. It's a very simple process. (Plus I've never seen the appeal of limos having ridden in one. They are not comfortable, and they are not graceful to get out of.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter