Transportation LAX to Universal

CasandraC

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have suggestions on the best transportation option from LAX to Universal. We are arriving Saturday morning at 9:30 and staying at one of the hotels on site. We are meeting people already there so we'd like to get our day started right away, otherwise we'd probably just take the metro. How is the traffic Saturday morning? Considering renting a car or using a cab, but would like to spend as little as possible. Thanks for any information!

Several "best" options.

Renting a car is best for those who don't mind driving. Hiring a cab
is best for those who can afford it. One of the dozens of shuttle services
is best for those who don't want to (or can't) rent a car. And public
transportation is best for those on a budget - the option you know
takes time.

For speed renting a car is the best transportation option from LAX
to Universal. The traffic Saturday morning can be busy but not as
busy as weekdays. I should take 45min to 1 hour.

Thanks for the help. I've been trying to sift through the shuttle services, it seems like they are all about the same. I've got to get get from Universal to Disneyland too, but I might do public transportation for that. Last time we took a shuttle from Burbank to Disneyland it took over 2 hours and cost $80. For that length of time, we might as well have done public transportation. I just don't know how easy that is to navigate.

Last time we took a shuttle from Burbank to Disneyland it took over 2 hours and cost $80. For that length of time, we might as well have done public transportation. I just don't know how easy that is to navigate.
From Burbank to DLR is easy.

In the morning you can take the Metro from the Amtrak station in
Burbank or Glendale - $9. Then the ART from Anaheim Amtrak
station to DLR. Amtrak is $17 but they run more often and all day.

From the Burbank Metrolink/Amtrak station you might as well take Amtrak Surfliner straight to Anaheim. From Universal you could take the Red Line (subway) to Union Station and then take Amtrak from there.

Universal also sells a ticket that includes transportation via Gray Line to and from Anaheim. I believe it's only for sale on their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter