• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Vancouver Airport to Downtown

disnee9

Mouseketeer
Looking for experienced recommendations of a car service that can accommodate 6 people and their luggage from Vancouver Airport to our downtown hotel. It doesn't have to be fancy such as a limo, just something to get us from point A to point B. There appear to be so many offerings and it has proven hard to determine which are legit and reliable, thus looking for word of mouth, first hand experiences.

A large van seems more convenient where we can all go together and not need multiple taxis. Do they have large taxis that can accommodate 6 people??

I know that's not what you are asking for, but the light rail service in Vancouver gets you from YVR to Downtown with minimal effort. It is safe and easy to navigate, as long as your hotel is neat a downtown station.

Cabs in Vancouver tend to be on the small side since they promote they have one of the largest hybrid vehicle fleet in NA. We rarely met a taxi that was not a Prius, and the larger vans are accessible vehicles so they do not fit 6 people.

We used Star Limo (but not an actual limo) in June 2022. They were very good.

We live in the Vancouver area, but a few years ago had to have a bigger group (I think 7 of us) picked up from the cruise port in downtown Vancouver and shuttled home. We used Vancouver Shuttle Hire which is part of a tour company that does craft brewery tours, Canadian Craft Tours or something. It wasn't terribly expensive and they were reliable and efficient; the pickup was a bit of a mess so they sent one guy to come and get us while the other guy stayed with the van. It worked out well.

I will say we did this b/c the kids were pretty young at the time. If everyone in your group can handle their luggage, I strongly recommend Canada Line (aka skytrain). It's above ground from the airport and then underground through Vancouver. Very efficient and cost-effective.

Ubers were waiting outside the airport (arrived after 11 pm), very organized

For anyone who has used the sky train…
is there a place to store your luggage or do you have to keep it with you at your seat?

For anyone who has used the sky train…
is there a place to store your luggage or do you have to keep it with you at your seat?
You keep it with you. It is a tighter fit at the end of the cars but totally doable. A lot of people getting off a plane use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter