Transportation from LAX

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
Do they still have a Disneyland shuttle from Lax? If not, how do people prefer to get to dlr from lax? DS is 5 & still needs a booster in the car.

Disneyland Resort Express was operated by Coach USA but shut down three years ago. They were directly working with Disneyland and were authorized to use their trademarks.

There is one company operating as "Disneyland Express Shuttle" but I'm a little bit skeptical that they have authorization to use that name.

Disneyland has its own recommendations. They mention public transportation, but some have indicated that some of these routes go through iffy neighborhoods, even if it's on a light rail vehicle. The only shuttle service they list is Karmel. They also mention Lyft but not Uber.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/getting-here/by-plane/

I did a sample for Karmel Shuttle from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel, and it was saying 1 to 5 passengers was $126.50. But if you've got less than 5 passengers it can still be a shared ride and your party costs the same. Doesn't make sense to me. I picked a random time for tomorrow afternoon, so who knows.

Whether you have 1 person or 5 people in your party, the rate is the same. This is a shared ride service. You may SHARE the ride with other passengers. You may be sent a Shuttle Van/Bus, SUV, Sedan or Compact SUV. Shared ride is only available for pick-ups between 6:00am and 7:00pm. Private service is available 24/7.​

I'm adventurous (i.e. crazy) enough to risk my personal safety on public transportation in LA County. I already have the fare card, and I believe it would cost $1.75 plus the fare card to take the airport shuttle, LA Metro Green Line to Norwalk, and then the LA Metro 460 bus to Disneyland. But then again I can deal with the homeless, mentally ill, and just plain belligerents I've seen. You may not want to.

If it was Orange County Airport, I was thinking maybe the new EVE service. Would be interesting if maybe LA Metro might be interested in something similar from LAX, although I'm not sure they would be able to use anything other than Metro's existing bus stops.

Karmel Shuttle is a fantastic choice to go for - their background is decent, which is a help. The drivers are usually prompt (even despite the famous LA traffic) on collecting you from LAX and also when they take you back to LAX.

Lyft is also worth considering though - there are a number of options there, although you'll have to make potential drivers aware if car seats for smaller kids and babies are needed. Lyft XL may be your only option and, to be fair, this can cost a bit more.

Another vote for MidWilShuttle. We had a flight into LAX and out of LGB. Excellent communication and prompt arrival. Their website isn't the best, but the service is great and less expensive than many of the more prominent private shuttles.

I was wondering this, not looking to rent a car and deal with la traffic , how long is the trip from lax?

We are on this route in mid-June. Uber and Lansky were about $225, Midwil shuttle was ~$150. I ended up booking an SUV for $125 for pick up LAX and after-hours drop off near the Anaheim convention center. We have 5 people and our flight doesn't land until 10pm. I thought it was going to be the easiest option.

If your son can use a travel booster (Bubblebum and Mifold get good reviews here), that would let you use Uber or Lyft. Some car services, e.g. Lansky, provide car seats/boosters upon request.

I was wondering this, not looking to rent a car and deal with la traffic , how long is the trip from lax?
It can depend on traffic of course, if it's not too bad then you're looking at around 45 mins or so.

I'm posting hoping to draw on the collective wisdom of the group. I'm working on purchasing flights to Disney for a family of 4 the week of Thanksgiving. It will save us over $850 to fly into LAX as opposed to our preferred airport SNA. Does anyone have a sense of how bad LAX will be over the holidays? Should we save the money or our sanity? Any advice on traveling from LAX to Anaheim (cost, time, hassle) would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

I'm posting hoping to draw on the collective wisdom of the group. I'm working on purchasing flights to Disney for a family of 4 the week of Thanksgiving. It will save us over $850 to fly into LAX as opposed to our preferred airport SNA. Does anyone have a sense of how bad LAX will be over the holidays? Should we save the money or our sanity? Any advice on traveling from LAX to Anaheim (cost, time, hassle) would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
As busy as LAX is, you could book a private car service for a small fraction of $850. I just went through LAX a few times this week and it is a bit less chaotic than I remembered in the past. SNA isn’t a guarantee of smooth travel either, especially since there can be snowstorms in winter that impact SNA flights (and usually there are far fewer flights which means less options for cancellations). My domestic flight with Delta to LAX this week had my bags on the claim before I even got to them. The rental car shuttle was pretty easy too, and we didn’t wait at all at Enterprise (booked thru Costco).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter