• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Heathrow to Gatwick Airport.......

JimB.

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling through London after our ABD Rhine cruise next summer, using British Airways. Landing at Heathrow, leaving from Gatwick. We have plenty of time between connections (3+35). The BA website recommends using the National Express connector between the sites, which will only take an hour...........

BUT, the only coach that is going in our time frame leaves 2 hours after we arrive at Heathrow and gets to Gatwick only 25 minutes before takeoff.

Soooooooooooo............. what are our alternatives that are good/reliable/cheap? Hopefully those terms are not mutually exclusive, so we'll go with reliable/good/cheap in the order of importance.......

You can pre-arrange to get a taxi to take you. We did that from Heathrow to our hotel because one of the people I was with did not want to deal with public transport at all. I don't know if it's cheap, but it's definitely reliable and good. And I don't think it was outrageous.

Sayhello

I am not from London or a U.K. person BUT I think there is an Underground /Tube / metro connection.

Just remember you will Have All your luggage with you .

At Gatwick

You will have to Go to Check in Desk. then Security & Passport & onwards

This Will take time 3 hours + is way to fine a connection time

3 hours, 35 minutes between flights? That's not enough time to switch airports IMO.

We flew into Gatwick and out of Heathrow when we did our Italy ABD, but we spent 4 days in London.
National Rail is definitely the train you'd want to take (if times allow). If you have large bags, it will be a little tricky, but manageable.

I'd strongly suggest changing to a flight into Heathrow
If not, private car service is probably your only option.
http://www.londonairportcarservice.co.uk/gatwick.php (62 is what they quote.)
Not cheapest, but when travelling, you have to value the ease of having someone waiting with a sign with your name on it, ready to carry your bags, and dropping you off at the correct terminal.

Last edited:
There are no direct train connections between Heathrow and Gatwick - you have to go via Central London and change trains at least once, all of which could take a considerable amount of time. At best, it would be a minimum of 1 1/2 hours and that's if you get lucky with the timetable and those timings are just airport to airport - I'm not including the amount of time it might take from getting off the plane to getting to the station at Heathrow, check-in at Gatwick etc.

I agree with Mapsd - if you can't change your flight to Heathrow, a private car service is the next best option - it's only 40 miles between the two airports by road.

I will pray for you. I avoid both London and Paris always. I will not go if I ever need to fly through any one or all three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter