• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Garden Grove Area

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
What’s the easiest form of transportation from Garden Grove? We will be traveling with a child in a wheelchair. Last time we stayed in the convention area and walked took a shuttle from the Toy Story parking lot. Money isn’t a huge concern, but I don’t want to spend a long time waiting for buses. Should we go with an ART pass? Are Ubers readily available (there are 6 of us so we’d need 2 at a time)? Would it make sense to just drive or are the lines to get into the parking lots long?

Thanks!

If you have a vehicle at your disposal, that would be the easiest and quickest. Lines ro get into the parking lot move quickly.

There are definitely Lyft/Uber drivers around, but getting 2 at the same time could be difficult, leaving half your party waiting for a bit.

ART busses would be another option. I believe I've seen some frustration on the Disboards lately that ART service has been a bit spotty lately.

With that many people and a wheelchair, driving is easiest.

ART buses are doable if you go to the park in the morning and return in the evening and are staying in one of the hotels along the ART shuttle line. But that'll end up costing more than parking one car and being quite restrictive. If you're staying at the Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn or Delta Hotel, then the stop is quite close, otherwise, you may have to walk a couple minutes to the stop.

I don't know how Uber/Lyft with a wheelchair will work but if you need special vehicles or assistance, that'll complicate things further.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter