Transportation from Galveston Cruise Port to Houston Hobby Airport

PTX

Earning My Ears
Our family of four, including two children young children <5 y/o that need car seats, will need to get from the cruise terminal at Galveston to Houston Hobby for a 5:45PM flight after our EBPC cruise this fall.

Does anyone have any recommendations for transportation companies that will provide a private vehicle with car seats? It looks like debarkation starts at 8AM. Realistically, when should I request pick-up to be able to get to Hobby with enough time to comfortably get through security? I don't need us to be there like 6+hours before boarding because it would drive the kids (and us) nuts to be waiting at the airport that long, but at the same time, we don't want to risk cutting it close. I read about fog delaying docking at Galveston, but since that can't really be planned for, I'm just looking for advice for a normal debarkation day. Thanks.

We used a private car service (turned out to be a van) from Galveston Limousine from the airport to the cruise and were really happy with them. Great driver. Really easy to deal with. Highly recommend.
On the way back to the airport we used Disney bus. I really can’t remember why, but worked out okay. Much prefer Galveston Limousine.

You'll probably disembark by 0900, so getting to Hobby isn't that bad. It's an hour and a half drive, even in bad traffic. I've heard of people Ubering and taking the various shuttles and private vans. I highly recommend booking whatever you're going to do in advance though, don't leave that kind of trip to chance when you're in port.

Any other input? I've reached out to a few of the transport companies without much luck.

I've been researching transportation options for our upcoming Galveston cruise. I found a helpful comparison chart that I'm sure you can find if you google the term 6 Easy Houston to Galveston Cruise Transport Options. I'm not sure if it answers your car seat question, but I appreciated the overview of options and prices.

I have a 3:15 flight to Hobby after the same cruise!

I, too, googled and found the comparison chart the same person above did. I'll probably get a Lyft as it's the best per person price for two of us (me and 11 year old). It's estimated to be about $50 and I can use it on my timeline rather than a shuttle bus. I'm pretty sure you can get an Uber with a car seat (but I don't know if you can get more than 1 car seat).

Galveston Limo has shuttle busses that leave every hour. I don't know how big the busses are or if you'd feel comfortable without them in big car seats? How far under 5? Like could one (or both) use a booster seat? I have friends who use a blow up bubble bum booster thing but don't know if yours are too little for that. They supposedly travel well.

Good luck and see you on the cruise!

In December 2016, we also used Galveston Limousine to travel from the Port of Galveston to Hobby.

Initially, we had a hard time finding our driver amidst the crazy that was debarkation morning, but I called Galveston Limo’s number and they had the driver call my cell. After that, we were able to find our driver - who was very helpful with loading our bags and also a great storyteller! The car was clean, comfortable, and seemed well maintained.

We were a family of 3 with 4 suitcases - but we did not need carseats, so I can’t speak to that.

We were quite pleased with our experience with Galveston Limo.

Thanks all for the additional replies. The various shuttle services don't do car seats. Neither does Uber/Lyft and I wouldn't rely on something I can't reserve ahead of time anyway. The kids are too small for the inflatable travel booster seats. Galveston Limousine has come up a few times and the don't provide car seats in their private vehicles.

This is turning out to be more difficult that I thought it would be. I have e-mails out to a few companies that say they provide car seats on their websites, but it's been crickets so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter