Transportation from Ft Wilderness to another resort (AKV-Kidani)

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What's the best way to get from Ft Wilderness to Kidani? I'll have an ECV, so I really don't want to pay for an Uber. Chances are I'll be by the trailer homes/cabins-I'm DVC and my main purpose is to see the status of the refurb. Is my best bet to go to the Outpost at the front of the resort, take the firs bus that comes to a resort, then catch the bus to Kidani from that resort? Or should I drive my scooter to the Pioneer Hall area, then take the boat (or isn't there a bus to MK up there?) to MK, then get the bus from MK to Kidani? Or is there another way I haven't thought of yet?

I'd probably look to catch a bus to one of the theme parks, and then transfer buses to catch a ride to AKL-Kidani. A more direct route might be to catch the Animal Kingdom bus from FW, but it wouldn't be absolutely necessary. But to be honest, I'm not sure how much of the refurb you'll actually get to see or monitor!

The external buses from the Fort only go to the parks and DS. The exception is a bus from the Settlement that only goes to WL. You will need to take a bus to a park and then get the bus to AKL.

The other option is to take the boat to MK. It is ECV accessible, but the boat dock to the bus stop is a bit of a hike.

j

Last edited:
We go the other way to eat a lot. Quickest way is to take the bus from Fort Wilderness to Animal Kingdom Park and then take the bus to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge. There will be 2 stops at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so make sure you get off at Kindani. This is the quickest because the bus from Animal Kingdom Park to AKL usually has less people then the Magic Kingdom bus. However, if you are going to need to go later in the evening, then take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge as the AK park closes earlier and the busses stop running earlier. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone! I don't know how much I'll see of the cabins, but I'm doing a split stay and that's my "switch" day-no park pass for that day, and since it's a Saturday, I figured DS would be too crowded to enjoy. Thought a few hours at Fort Wilderness would be enjoyable.

FWIW, I saw on a Disney blog that sales won't open til June 2024. I know they'll want to have 'models' in place to tour by the time sales go live, but not sure what that means as far as a timeline for the rest of the new cabins being in place. I know they've 'cleared out' a couple of sites, but I expect we won't see anything getting moved in for another month or so, at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter