Transportation from Disney to Port Canaveral

kirby klopper

Earning My Ears
Hello All!

From Cincinnati here and curious as to what everyone does/recommends for transportation.

Disney Dream Cruise from 18th-22nd.

Here is our schedule
Friday 15th - Arrive in Orlando & check in at Hilton Lake Buena Vista (Maybe Uber/Lyft to Hotel)
Saturday 16th- Disney Springs
Sunday 17th- Maybe Universal
Monday 18th - Board Cruise (Need Transportation from Hotel to Port)
Friday 22nd - Disembark (Need Transportation from Port to Hotel)
Saturday 23rd - Flight home (Need Transportation from Hotel to MCO)

Renting a car with parking from 15th-23rd was around $475.
Lyft from Hotel to Port (right now) the rate is $67.

Any info or recommendations would be helpful.

Thank you! And may the force be with you.

We are taking a car service from MCO to AKL where we will stay the night before the cruise. Then the same car service to port and from port back to MCO. It was cheaper than renting a car and paying to park at the port.

Your choices are private car service or Uber/Lyft to the port and DCL does not pick up at the DS hotels. However, you could take the DCL bus from the airport. This would require getting to the airport from the Hilton on the morning of your cruise.

For the local trips, Uber/Lyft/Taxi will be fine. Going to and from the port, unless you use DCL transfers at the airport, I would recommend a car service. People routinely reported good success with Uber/Lyft before COVID began, but since DCL reopened there have been issues. If you cannot get an Uber/Lyft on the morning of your cruise, what is your backup plan?

We are taking a car service from MCO to AKL where we will stay the night before the cruise. Then the same car service to port and from port back to MCO. It was cheaper than renting a car and paying to park at the port.

What car service did you use? Please and thank you!

Hello All!

From Cincinnati here and curious as to what everyone does/recommends for transportation.

Here is our schedule
Friday 15th - Arrive in Orlando & check in at Hilton Lake Buena Vista (Maybe Uber/Lyft to Hotel)

From Ohio too. Go Buckeyes! and Bearcats! We are staying at the airport and taking the DCL bus to Port Canaveral. Only coming in one day early so not leaving airport. Have you thought about going back to airport and catching the bus for free??? Did an Adventures by Disney in Alaska. Went a few days early but went back to airport to meet up with ABD group after some other sightseeing.

From Ohio too. Go Buckeyes! and Bearcats! We are staying at the airport and taking the DCL bus to Port Canaveral. Only coming in one day early so not leaving airport. Have you thought about going back to airport and catching the bus for free??? Did an Adventures by Disney in Alaska. Went a few days early but went back to airport to meet up with ABD group after some other sightseeing.
The DCL bus from the airport to the port is not free--it's $39 per person each way.

How much time are people leaving to get to the port? It's 1 hour 15 minutes from WDW to the port. We plan to leave at 10:30am with a PAT of 11:45am-12pm. WE are taking a car service. We sail on a Saturday. Would you allow for traffic? Are we cutting it too close?

Hello All!

Here is our schedule

Do you have Costco membership? If so, check out their prices for rental cars. I found they consistently come in cheaper than everyone.

We just booked a mid-size SUV from Sept 25 to 10/1 and it was $240 through Avis, booking with Costco. It started off much higher but I kept pricing it out and when I saw the price was lower I rebooked it. We actually kept it the whole time and parked at the port ($85 for the 4 night cruise). It was cheaper than doing 2 one-way rental even when you factor in the cost of parking at the port.

We found it so very convenient to have a rental car. We drove from Mco to Coronado Springs Resort (stayed 2 nights before cruise), did some shopping off site, drove to the Poly to have a meal, stopped to buy a bottle of wine to bring onboard, drove to Disney Springs.

We left WDW at about 9:30 for a 11:45-12:00 PAT. We got to port early so drove around went to Bealls outlet to look around. Went to Publix to get some stuff and when it was time to got to the port it was very convenient waiting for our test results in our car with a radio and comfortable seats. When we debarked it was so simple to walk across the road and into the garage to hop in our car. No waiting around for shuttles or car services. Our flight wasn't until 4:00 pm and having the car was handy to keep our luggage in when we went shopping and visiting friends.

Not sure how many people you are or what size car you need but I just did a sample quote for your dates online at Costco (of course specific p/u and d/o times will affect price) but for a mid-size car Costco is showing $291 from the 18th to the 23rd. A mid-size SUV is showing as $336 and those prices include all taxes and an additional driver.

Good luck

MJ

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing the cost of this 3 way transportation. We'll have the same situation at the end of January and I've just started exploring our options. Thank You
I don't recall but I had to call because I couldn't price it on their website because it was a 3 leg trip, with no round trip. I recommend calling, they answer right away.

Would you mind sharing the cost of this 3 way transportation. We'll have the same situation at the end of January and I've just started exploring our options. Thank You

Did you end up getting a quote for this? I just emailed them for a similar situation and pricing is essentially the one-way fare for each location and then 20% gratuity is factored in.

Our plans for next Spring are MCO to Port Canaveral; Port Canaveral to AoA; AoA to MCO. Total cost is $528, which is cheaper than trying to get transportation via DCL (family of 8). I would also say it gets you to/from the port much more quickly because you're not waiting for buses to fill.

Did you end up getting a quote for this? I just emailed them for a similar situation and pricing is essentially the one-way fare for each location and then 20% gratuity is factored in.

Our plans for next Spring are MCO to Port Canaveral; Port Canaveral to AoA; AoA to MCO. Total cost is $528, which is cheaper than trying to get transportation via DCL (family of 8). I would also say it gets you to/from the port much more quickly because you're not waiting for buses to fill.
That number sounds the same as what we paid. I liked prepaying the tip.

That number sounds the same as what we paid. I liked prepaying the tip.

Yes, it’s pretty convenient and you don’t need to carry as much cash!

Does anyone know if taking the DCL gives you an earlier PAT and boarding group? Or does it not matter? Considering paying for the DCL transfer and using Tiffany Towncar for the trip from Port Canaveral to AoA and from AoA to MCO.

Yes, it’s pretty convenient and you don’t need to carry as much cash!

Does anyone know if taking the DCL gives you an earlier PAT and boarding group? Or does it not matter? Considering paying for the DCL transfer and using Tiffany Towncar for the trip from Port Canaveral to AoA and from AoA to MCO.

Many guests using DCL transfers don't get a PAT at all. They just catch the bus and get there when the bus gets there. Lately, buses have been picking up guests at about 8:30-9:30am from the resorts. The first bus to leave the Hyatt in September was at about 9;20am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter