Transportation-Contemporary/Fort Wilderness ?

TREEFROG00

Earning My Ears
We will be taking 51 people to the Contemporary Arcade {we are staying in the cabins at Fort Wilderness} on May 29th, a night which the Magic Kingdom is only open till 7:00pm. Does anyone know how long I can expect the boats between the two resorts to be running? Is it possible that they will run until 10:30 for the Hoop Dee Doo dinner shows?

If the boats don't continue to run, surely the buses will?
:confused:

The boats only run until one hour after the MK closes. To get back to FW from the CR, you will need to take the monorail to the TTC and catch a FW Orange bus from there.

Boats run between Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, and the Contemporary Resort until 10pm every night. HOWEVER, the boat that is normally on that route (a Launch) cannot handle 51 people. You will have a few standard options:

Up until a half hour after the MK closes, you can take the Cruiser boat to the MK (it has a large capacity), and then take the Monorail to the Contemporary. (Or walk)

You can also just take two launches. (The boats run every 15 mins)

You can go to the TTC, and take the Monorail to the Contemporary.

After 10pm, to return, the only standard option is to take the Monorail to the TTC, and catch the Fort Wilderness bus from there.

I would recommend calling 407-WDW-RIDE, and speaking with someone. With advanced notice, we can either place a larger boat on that route, add an extra boat, or provide special bus transportation. (I can't promise anything, but if you call the number and speak to someone, they can help you out. :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter