Transportation between AKV Jambo & Kindani for luggage?

VLee

DIS Veteran
We will be moving after 2 days at Kidani over to Jambo for a 6 night stay. Does AKV have a small van for moving our own luggage at the time we make the move? I know the busses run between the two, but we will have an Owners Locker and luggage to move. thanks.

I was thinking I had read somewhere the the resort had a van that also runs between the two buildings.

There is a 12 or so passenger van that runs as a shuttle between the 2 lobby's, but that van is setup for passengers and may not have much luggage space.

Bell services can do the transfer for you from room to room. Just stop by bell services or call to schedule a pickup time. It won't be instant, but your new room won't (likely) be ready at 11am, so you would need to leave your luggage with bell services anyway.

Thanks for the information about the van. We will probably just get a taxi in order to "instantly" transfer our luggage and place it in bell services if our room is not ready. I have used the resort luggage services and do not like the long wait for its arrival.
We are staying at AKL Concierge and on the four occasions before at Club level, our rooms are ready in the morning time. We usually have time to eat breakfast and look around a short time before we get into our room which is why I prefer bringing the luggage with me.
At other resorts, we don't usually make it into the rooms until much later in the day.

Thanks for the information about the van. We will probably just get a taxi in order to "instantly" transfer our luggage and place it in bell services if our room is not ready. I have used the resort luggage services and do not like the long wait for its arrival.
We are staying at AKL Concierge and on the four occasions before at Club level, our rooms are ready in the morning time. We usually have time to eat breakfast and look around a short time before we get into our room which is why I prefer bringing the luggage with me.
At other resorts, we don't usually make it into the rooms until much later in the day.

You could just have bell services move your OL and then you could take your luggage with you on a DTD bus or the shuttle over to Kidani. Of course, since you are staying concierge, you may want to check with the IPO. Maybe they have some way of making things easier for you!

You could just have bell services move your OL and then you could take your luggage with you on a DTD bus or the shuttle over to Kidani. Of course, since you are staying concierge, you may want to check with the IPO. Maybe they have some way of making things easier for you!

Luggage is not allowed on Disney buses.

In Dec I had to move to the lodge for a travel agent seminar after 4 days at Kidani. We had dinner at Boma on the first night at Kidani I went up to the desk and asked if my room could be ready earlier granted I was going from a DVC studio to a reg room. They pulled up my name and noted that on they reservation. After my mom got on ME I got all of my luggage ready and got it to the front of KV and they transported it with me to the lodge with no problem. I did give them some cash for this. When I checked in it was before 830am and my room was ready. No problem. I would suggest you do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter