Transport from CDG til DLP?

the_princess

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are planning our Christmas trip to DLP. We haven't been visiting for 2 years, so we are excited to get back and get in the mood for Christmas. Normally when we visit DLP, we take the VEA bus. Even though we have been talking about trying out the train, we always end up on the bus. So my question is, what is the easiest way to get to DLP. Should we stick with the bus or take the train, which apparently is a lot faster????

We are going this weekend. We're getting the train. It's 10 minutes!!

its 10 minutes once you've got on it, but in reality it can be a lot longer, as its a scheduled service, so you may have a long wait between the time your plane lands and the time of a suitable TGV train leaving terminal 2 inside the airport. The TGV operates peak pricing too, depending on time of day and/or day of week it can be quite expensive.

Exit gate - to - DLP area hotel door, a shared or private shuttle is generally quicker, over both the TGV and the VEA (or whatever its called now lol). It can also be cheaper, depending on how many are in your party.

the magical shuttle (used to be VEA) is €20'per person per journey. The train tends to be similar (we are paying £67 return for two of us next weekend). For me not having to sit on a coach for 45 mins is worth hanging round the airport but I hate coach travel (I'm a lousy passenger in the back of a car too which is why I don't like shuttles!!).

I hate public transportation period. I've driven from CDG and taken the TGV. I thought the driving was fine and I'd consider doing it again but I assume our next visit will be TGV. I timed it and it was 9 minutes from start to stop. I never even sat down, I just stood at the top of the stairs. I would take this over a shared shuttle any time. To each their own.

We take the shuttle, I prefer getting off at the hotel rather than taking the train to the station then getting the hotel shuttle.

Private transfer is our preferred method, but it does depend on how many in your party and make up. EG if you have a couple of kids, buggy, suitcases etc then navigating your way to TGV might be a bit of a hassle. You then need to get from the station at Disneyland to you hotel, so potentially another wait for a shuttle bus and more hassle getting all your stuff on the bus. So much easier to just get a private transfer - completely hassle free. There are 4 or 5 of us and we pay 70E each way. Picked up right inside arrivals and dropped at the hotel door - has never taken longer than 40 minutes. Same on way back. Ezyshuttle service is excellent :thumbsup2 If however we were just a couple of adults then I would consider TGV if the schedule matched flight times.

Thank you so much for all of your answers. We have been reading timetables and found out that both the bus and the train doesn't fit our arr. time at all, so we will probably end up taking a private shuttle. One the return, it's only the bus that fits timewise. I can't believe that we are leaving in 34 days !!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter