Transporation issues when going to WDW and Universal

lilaclily

Earning My Ears
We would like to get transportation from airport to WDW which I know their magicexpress has it. However, would also want to visit Universal for a few days and go back to the airport from universal studios. Would a travel agent be better to help me with this? Anyone know what my options are?

:daisy:

We were just there and universal does have a shuttle service that is $35 (round trip price) per person to the airport. Sorry I'm not sure of one way price. But since we were four people, we found it much less expensive and way more convenient to just use Uber. You could call front desk of the resort where you are staying and they can give you the 411. Have a great trip!

We were just there and universal does have a shuttle service that is $35 (round trip price) per person to the airport. Sorry I'm not sure of one way price. But since we were four people, we found it much less expensive and way more convenient to just use Uber. You could call front desk of the resort where you are staying and they can give you the 411. Have a great trip!
Keep in mind Uber cannot pick up at MCO.

I just booked our transportation today through Mears. Turns out they not only have taxis, but town car service too. I booked the luxury van because there are 5 of us, plus luggage and two folding wheelchairs. They have luxury SUV's also. We are going from MCO to Universal Royal Pacific. Then three days later we are going from Universal to WDW Caribbean Beach. I added a grocery stop between the airport and Universal. Total it is going to cost me $127. I think that's pretty good. And that is a car service, not a shuttle that you share with other people. I hope it is okay to post the link: http://www.mearstransportation.com/global/orlando/

I used Uber on Saturday to go from the Royal Pacific to the airport. Cost was $21 total, plus if you are a new user or refer a new user, you can get a $15 dollar credit per ride. Keep in mind there were only two of us plus luggage. If there is anymore than two or three people, plus luggage, you may need to go with UberXL which costs slightly more Uber is still the best and cheapest option in my opinion. I used it four times during my trip.

Keep in mind Uber cannot pick up at MCO.

UberBlack CAN pick up at MCO. UberX cannot. That being said, UberBlack pricing will be in the same ballpark as a towncar service and more expensive than a taxi.

In OP's case, I would take Magical Express from MCO to WDW. Then I would call an UberX to go from WDW to Universal. And then I would call another UberX to go from Universal to the airport. That will likely be the cheapest/most convenient options.

FWIW, last trip we took a taxi from AKL to Royal Pacific and it was about $50. The trip before, we took a taxi from CBR to Royal Pacific and it was about $35, so prices vary depending on where you're coming from at WDW. For the airport, we have taken the flat rate car service that's at Royal Pacific and it was $55 to go to the airport.

I'm travelling with my niece in September and we are going to Cabana Bay Resort from the airport. I would like to make a grocery stop so I'm thinking a car service for this portion is probably the best option. Then we transfer to Springhill Suites at SW for a few nights and then back to the airport. I have never used Uber, but the prices sound great. Any problems anyone sees with me using them for the last two parts of our trip?

During our last last two trips, I have just asked the valet to get me a town car. They are on property and waiting. I might have spent a few dollars more, but not having to plan or be somewhere at a certain time was worth it for me.

We used Tony Hinds - great service / no problems. Our family would recommend his services.

I used his service as well. I didn't have Tony himself, but the driver we did have was great. He sent me a text when he was on his way and was always early. Great guy. However, his service does cost more than Uber.

We typically use a town car service that is either recommended by disboards or by allears.net.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter