Transgender child

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by Grmnshplvr, Jan 20, 2016.

1. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

So happy to read the update! Congrats to Tyler!

2. disneyfanbecky

disneyfanbecky Mouseketeer

So happy to hear these updates! Wanted to share for anyone reading that Gender Spectrum (a nonprofit organization focused on youth & gender) offers free groups for parents and youth that are virtual. For example, they have video hangouts for teens and preteens (and I think even younger) and phone support groups for parents (and I think grandparents too). If you Google the name of the organization, you'll get to their website where you can request more info. They are a great program, and might be helpful when people have to drive so far to join in-person groups! :)

3. SaraJR

SaraJR Mouseketeer

Niagara on the Ontario side of the border does LGBT prom every year & if there is no pride over there I would bring him up to Toronto's it can feel so good and he can meet people and get tips. He might need binding soon make sure he uses a proper binder, not bandages. Glad to hear he is doing well.

4. DisDreaming4116

DisDreaming4116 DIS Veteran

I know this particular post is almost 2 years old but I cried here at work when reading this and thinking about this line in the Happily Ever After fireworks. Very happy for you and your family things are going well.

SaraJR and mamabunny like this.