• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transfers

Mkripke

Mouseketeer
I am flying in the day before the cruise with my girlfriend and our 2 daughters (ages 7). My questions are:

Which is the best hotel to stay at and who can I use for transfers from the airport to the hotel, hotel to the ship, and the ship to the airport?

Thank you

I have stayed at the Hyatt at the Airport and found it convenient to pickup my luggage after flying in and just walking over to the hotel. There is a concourse and mall with some stores and restaurants and they have a nice pool at the hotel too. I then have used town car services to bring me to the Port the next morning and return after disembarkation.

Another option I have also tried is to rent a car and zip over to one of the WDW Resort Hotels. That way we can squeeze in a trip to the parks and drive over to the Port the next morning.

There are many choices, and I think if you decide whether or not you want to visit the theme parks that may help you decide on your plan.

We typically get an MCO-area hotel via Hotwire or Priceline ($28 to $33, with free shuttle and sometimes a free continental breakfast too). Then we take Happy Limo to the port in the morning. With Priceline, I recommend bidding for a three-star motel. With two and a half stars, you might end up at the LaQuinta on Daetwyler Drive, and I wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy! With Hotwire, we get the Amerisuites (you can tell which one it is by the amenities).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'm a first time cruiser and I will be going in Aug with my daughter (23) and my niece's children (3 and 6) and a friend recommended to try the Radisson at the Port, its the closest hotel to the Port and since we are going the day before (early) we intend to visit the Kennedy Space Center (the 6 yo is a boy who wants to see the Space Center) and this hotel offers a free shuttle to the Terminal. The rate I got from the Radisson was a Super Saver for $109. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter