Transferring Points Question

elle-jay

Earning My Ears
If I have another member transfer points to me, can I call member services and apply them to an existing reservation and the points originally used go back to my account? Situation: I have two contracts in same use year and booked a trip with my AKV contract and didn't have enough so had to use some from my Poly contract which I don't want to do since I want those later for my priority window. I'd like to do a transfer to return those Poly points.

Hi.

In most situations yes. But it could depend on which year and UY the transferred in points are from.

If we assume the reservation you have booked is in April 2018. Then your transferred in points needs to be either a UY of February, March or April of 2018 or December, October, September, august or June 2017.

The reason for that is the reservation needs to be within the booking window of each UY.

Regards.

Transferred points retain their UY and resort. You can bank, but not borrow transferred points. As long as you aren't borrowing the ponts and are either using current or banked points you should be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter