Transfer question

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
I am considering selling one of my Xxxx contracts.

I have some 2022 points that I want to use on a 2023 stay at Xxxx. Can I transfer those to one of my other Xxxxx (same resort) contracts and then bank them, and then use them to book 2023 stay at 11 months.

would me selling the contract I transferred them out of impact the transferred points in any way.

I think I remember some sketchy rules on transfer points but don't remember what they are.

Removed resort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfers are for moving points from one membership to another membership.

Contracts never change size. So, if everything you own is the same UY, then there is nothing to transfer.

if some of your contracts are in a different membership, then you can move them and save for later if you decide to sell.

if some of your contracts are in a different membership, then you can move them and save for later if you decide to sell.
Hypothetically speaking when you have two different Memberships (due to two different Use years):
  • If you transfer points out of a contract in Membership 1 into Membership 2, do they stay with Membership 2 if you sell the stripped Membership 1 contract?
  • So, in a case if you used points you transferred from Membership 1 to Membership 2 in a Membership 2 reservation, that reservation would remain intact if you sold the Membership 1 contract?

Hypothetically speaking when you have two different Memberships (due to two different Use years):
  • If you transfer points out of a contract in Membership 1 into Membership 2, do they stay with Membership 2 if you sell the stripped Membership 1 contract?
  • So, in a case if you used points you transferred from Membership 1 to Membership 2 in a Membership 2 reservation, that reservation would remain intact if you sold the Membership 1 contract?
The transferred points would stay in membership 2.

Once transferred, they remain with the membership that got them.

When I sold my BWV, I transferred points to someone else prior to the sale and it allowed me to sell quickly with no impact on that owner who got them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter