• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transfer points prior to Selling Contact?

oldwash

Mouseketeer
I think the points are probably worth more transferring than selling with the contract/s. But wondering what others thought?

Yes, generally you’ll get more money by transferring the points and “stripping” the contract. Most of the time buyers will not value the points as much as what you can get.

You may get a few extra bucks now, but not so many want to buy a contract they can't used for a year or 2, so be ready to have a long wait or a very low offer.

We love BW, so I can wait. Although it would only be the current use year, so they wouldnt really have to wait at all. They could always borrow from 2021. I just don't want to deal with renting out points. I just had a rental finish, but I refunded two prior to that. Just getting to be a hassle.

I sold my BWV in the Spring and ended up transferring out points while it was for sale...but before an offer...to a friend.

But, it was not a stripped contract...it was a June UY 150 and I had transferred out 75, so they got some shortly after closing on it.

I did get more for the transferred points than I would have being sold, but because I only transferred half, had to cover dues, I reallt only netted about $6 more and for me, it allowed me to take lower to get it sold.

I think it really all depends on how fast you want to sell. Loaded tend to sell quicker. Also, don’t forget to include dues as in most cases, missing points will mean you cover dues,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter