• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transfer Points Mistake

nob

Earning My Ears
Well, I recently made a pretty big blunder. After years of owning DVC, I transferred points from one of my use years to another. I did it hoping to cobble together enough points for a family trip to Aulani next year. And now only 2 out of 4 families will be going. I should have waited until closer to the time of reservation to complete the transfer but I guess it still could have happened.

So now, I have points transferred into my AKL contract from HHI. I've read here how the order of points are used. Can the reservation be reallocated after it is made? I thought I would need all of these points, but now that I don't, I would like to make a reservation for HHI in 2025 along with the Aulani reservation 2024. I will need approx 50 of the transferred points for Aulani. I would like to make a seamless reservation for the week instead of stressing and having to add days.

I've drawn it out and it seems so complicated. And to add to my confusion, we purchase another resale at HHI. This has 2024 points that I will want to use and will need to bank for the 2025 reservation. I may need to borrow some points as well. Looking at a GV for the week of memorial day. May not be an easy reservation for multiple contracts. This seems a little overwhelming,

I really wish I did not transfer so early. I've made many reservations over the years for non home resorts. And I really thought I had read enough and understood the transfer process. I'm not feeling it now.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.

It's no different at all for use vs if you had left them in the other membership.....other than that you have to call to use them. Don't stress! If you know how you would have used them separately it'll be just the same. And you could ask MS if they might be able to do a transfer back of what you don't need for Aulani since the contracts are all yours. Doubtful but can't hurt to ask.

The only issue would be if you want to book a reservation that is very hard, like AKV value, that requires booking at 8am. You'd be at disadvantage because you have to call to book with transfered points. But I don't think HHI has this problem at 11 month anytime.
As Kat said, you can just call and the CM will reallocate the points as you prefer.

Thank you for your replies. I thought there were rules regarding the order of using points in memberships when transfers were involved. Maybe that would be how they would be pulled when making a reservation and multiple types of points were available.( current, banked and transferred) Feel much better now. Overreacted.

Thank you for your replies. I thought there were rules regarding the order of using points in memberships when transfers were involved. Maybe that would be how they would be pulled when making a reservation and multiple types of points were available.( current, banked and transferred) Feel much better now. Overreacted.
IF by chance you get a CM that has trouble getting the right points used - ie, want to use too many of the transferred points for your 1st reservation at Aulani there's a fairly easy work around of making a dummy reservation that uses the #of points you need set aside for HHI. Just make it a reservation more than 30 days ahead. Then once the Aulani is made that can be cancelled.

I'd call MS and ask to un-transfer. They might do it.

You're going to need to call MS to make sure your points are allocated correctly when you start booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter