Transfer Disneyland Hotel to BW Park Place Inn Mid stay

Mousetopia

DIS Veteran
We are making our first DL trip after many to WDW. We want the onsite experience but the $$ is too much. we settled on 3 nights at DL Hotel then are switching to BW Park Place Inn for 3 days. How close are these? We are older and a long hike sclepping luggage would be hard. Do we need to Uber or is it so close it will be easy ? Any tips on getting a good rate at Best Western? Thanks in advance!

The Disneyland hotel is on one end of downtown Disney and the BWPPI is on the other end through the esplanade where the entrances to the parks are. It’s a straight shot and won’t take you that long to get from one to the other. With that being said though, you will have to go through security and I personally would think that would be a nightmare having them have to rake through all of my luggage, so an Uber would probably be your best bet.

Great advice already given, but I’ll second it. Uber or Lyft—hauling your luggage through security will be horrible.
And if at all possible, switch your stays. I’ve done tons of split stays, and while I love HoJo’s and the Courtyard (our Go-To’s when off property), we would be very sad to have to downgrade from DLH.

I don’t think they allow luggage through security, so you will need to either Uber or walk around the entire block, which is far!

I would also vote for DLH for the latter part of your stay! And keep in mind you can use EMH on your check in day.

It could easily be a 15-20 min walk with luggage through a very crowded Downtown Disney. so I too would recommend Uber or Lyft. We caught Lyft from the Hilton to DLH a couple of times and it was well under $10, more like $7 or $8 early morning with no traffic. BWPPI will likely be about the same. It is also much closer to the park turnstiles than the DLH btw. I also agree with ending the trip at the DLH.
All the best.

When are you going to DL? Depending on when you go, you may be able to get a good rate for onsite that you could go from DLH to the GCH.

Changing hotels is time consuming and creates a level of inconvenience. You have to pack up your belongings, check-out.... then either have the front desk store your bags, then return to the hotel and walk/Uber to your next one, or walk/Uber to your next one, have the front desk store your bags, then return (remember, check-out time is 11AM, and check-in time is 3PM -- I don't know about this particular BW, but most hotels are sticklers when to asking about an early check-in -- especially Disney properties).

I recommend sticking with one hotel. Spend the money you save by not staying at a Disney property on meals at the Paradise Pier, Disneyland (Goofy's Kitchen) and Grand California (Story Teller). Walking through the hotels will give you a good idea of the experience, and having a nice dinner will be more satisfying.

I don’t think they allow luggage through security, so you will need to either Uber or walk around the entire block, which is far!

It wasn't full size luggage but carry-on size bags but we were allowed through security with them back in November 2018. There were three of us spending a few hours in DTD before heading to the airport for our flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter