Transfer Canadian Tickets to another Canadian

M_T

Earning My Ears
Hello

I missed the date to purchase Canadian tickets but I found a person that did purchase but can't go now. Is it possible to transfer tickets between 2 Canadians ?

I'm more worried about the transfer so no one else can use the tickets. Do the Canadian tickets have names on the them ? Anyone ever tried to sell/transfer them ?

PS - when I say Canadian tickets , I mean the ones that were on sale and you need to provide your passport.

thanks

There are no names on the tickets or vouchers themselves. I have tickets that I bought last year with the intention of passing them on to my daughter in the future. I didn't link them to MDE, so will have no problem whatsoever. If they were linked, I believe you can unlink them and then pass them on?

If the tickets are already on your MDE account all you need to do is add the person to your friend/family list, go to the ticket you no longer need and click on "transfer ticket" (or whatever the phrase is, maybe re-assign??) and choose who will now use the ticket.

Vouchers do have a pick up name. And original form of payment can be requested to be shown. That’s what my voucher said. When I was linking to MDE it did give a warning along the lines of once it’s done, it’s done.

Vouchers do have a pick up name. And original form of payment can be requested to be shown. That’s what my voucher said. When I was linking to MDE it did give a warning along the lines of once it’s done, it’s done.
Not 100% true -- some of us have received the vouchers from Airmiles, CAA or even a few lucky souls have been gifted. In that case we don't have a proof of payment to produce. You could also no longer even have the original form of payment if you used gift cards, a credit card that is no longer valid. If you are asked you can just explain you didn't make the purchase yourself. Last January we wanted to upgrade tickets we have redeemed Airmiles for to an AP and one 7 day hopper and the CM asked for the credit card we had used and when i told her how we had received them she just nodded "Ok, that's fine"

Not 100% true -- some of us have received the vouchers from Airmiles, CAA or even a few lucky souls have been gifted. In that case we don't have a proof of payment to produce. You could also no longer even have the original form of payment if you used gift cards, a credit card that is no longer valid. If you are asked you can just explain you didn't make the purchase yourself. Last January we wanted to upgrade tickets we have redeemed Airmiles for to an AP and one 7 day hopper and the CM asked for the credit card we had used and when i told her how we had received them she just nodded "Ok, that's fine"

Well obviously air miles are different but I have been asked for the payment credit card the last time I was there and so did the people in front of me. It’s right in the Terms and Conditions, it’s not somethin* I personally want to risk. I’d say if you changed your credit card before your trip, I’d call and have it be noted. I don’t want to have to get upset or argue with a cm on my vacation.

Well obviously air miles are different but I have been asked for the payment credit card the last time I was there and so did the people in front of me. It’s right in the Terms and Conditions, it’s not somethin* I personally want to risk. I’d say if you changed your credit card before your trip, I’d call and have it be noted. I don’t want to have to get upset or argue with a cm on my vacation.
Fair enough, i just wanted to put out that it is possible to have tickets that you haven't paid for and still be able to validate/upgrade them -- didn't mean to question the information/experience of anyone else. I know there are several others who are in the position of not having paid for the tickets directly and i was just sharing my experience with handling the situation successfully. Sorry if i came across as argumentative

Oh my goodness, I didn't notice, thank you for mentioning it, looks like I'm taking an empty gc with me to Florida! My confirmation email has the gift card number on it that I used to pay and says it's needed.

"For all other purchases: If purchasing item(s) other than annual passes, or if purchasing annual passes that are not a gift, you’ll need to present the order confirmation number, a government-issued photo ID and the original credit card, Disney Gift card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card used during this purchase.".

I think as Donald has said, this is for the will call option since you don't actually have the voucher. My guess is that if you have the actual voucher, you don't have the proof of payment condition. I have redeemed Canadian vouchers on three different occasions now, mind you they were from airmiles, but I have never been asked for anything but our passports.

Disney has to access different parts of their ticketing system to track down all the third-party sellers: AirMiles, Undercover Tourist, Dreams Unlimited, AAA, etc.

I had to call Disney to link all our family tickets together because they were all bought from separate vendors and had different validation codes, which weren't linking up properly in MDE. Once the CM realized how we had purchased the tickets, it was just a matter of time for her to verify the vendor tickets, match them up with proper validation numbers, and get me all started up to make FP+ and ADR :)

I don't think MOST guests purchase directly from Disney and so the "original form of payment" is not 100% foolproof. Disney understands that, and finds alternatives to meet its needs.

Disney has to access different parts of their ticketing system to track down all the third-party sellers: AirMiles, Undercover Tourist, Dreams Unlimited, AAA, etc.

I had to call Disney to link all our family tickets together because they were all bought from separate vendors and had different validation codes, which weren't linking up properly in MDE. Once the CM realized how we had purchased the tickets, it was just a matter of time for her to verify the vendor tickets, match them up with proper validation numbers, and get me all started up to make FP+ and ADR :)

I don't think MOST guests purchase directly from Disney and so the "original form of payment" is not 100% foolproof. Disney understands that, and finds alternatives to meet its needs.
And once it gets closer to the infamous "December 31, 2030" it should be really confusing -- honestly, who will still have access to the original payment form?!?!
Those of us who used Airmiles -- unless you saved your original email from them about the redemption you won't have any record because information is only on your account for 12 months

If these were purchased through Disney World... they are non-transferable. I ran into this last time.
If they were purchased through CAA etc... you *should* be able to transfer them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter