• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transatlantic

jeanmonti

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know when the fall transatlic typically becomes available? I’m specifically waiting on the Sept 2020 cruise.

Id also tike to see it, the east bound is a little week with ports of call.

We are waiting to do a B2B transatlantic with the last Magic European cruise of the season next year. It looks like their last posted cruise before the WBTA is a 5-day Western Europe. Hope we can get the same stateroom for both. We did a similar B2B Med./WBTA in 2016...awesome time!!

Id also tike to see it, the east bound is a little week with ports of call.
Have you done the Eastbound before? I’m interested in that one too but I heard it’s not as nice because of the weather and rougher seas. We did the westbound trans three years ago and loved it.

We are waiting to do a B2B transatlantic with the last Magic European cruise of the season next year. It looks like their last posted cruise before the WBTA is a 5-day Western Europe. Hope we can get the same stateroom for both. We did a similar B2B Med./WBTA in 2016...awesome time!!
That sounds wonderful!

Does anyone know when the fall transatlic typically becomes available? I’m specifically waiting on the Sept 2020 cruise.
This is an easy question since we booked the 2019 WBTA while on the ship last year. The mid May time frame is correct. The platinum booking window for the fall cruises, including September, opened on May 21 in 2018. I would expect that to be the same and be on May 20th in 2019. If not it might push up to May 13 since the following week would be May 27 and be Memorial Day.

We will do the same thing except we will be on the British Isles cruise which has a week separating ours and the WBTA. We will probably tour London for the time waiting for the ship to come back. Of course this is all dependent on whether or not we like the EBTA cruise we will take this May.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Westbound transatlantic is similar to this years and last years Cork and Halifax are both likely stops ending in New York. They might switch things up with St John’s NFLD.

It would be nice if they would change up the transatlantic a bit especially for the price they are charging for them now. Our first one in 2014 was a little over $2000 for two adults and one 8 year old in a SPH room.

We really liked our stop in Cork. I am doing a trip report if our WBTA last year.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ndon-2018-updated-feb-25-westminster.3731605/

Yes, we were considering the eastbound until we saw the itinerary. Putting in a waitlist request for the westbound to see what it offers.

Have you done the Eastbound before? I’m interested in that one too but I heard it’s not as nice because of the weather and rougher seas. We did the westbound trans three years ago and loved it.
Did the east bound in 2017 perfect weather smooth seas, 2016 they said was rough but I think that went out of NY.

We're thinking about doing this too! We did the British Isles & WBTA in 2018.

When we did the Westbound in 2007, those 6 days at sea were so smooth -- the ocean looked like glass -- that there were times we couldn't even tell if we were moving. But that year when the Eastbound went over, they had it very rough and we read some terrible reports about the waves and stage shows cancelled, etc. That was in April -- which may be why they moved the TA to May in the past?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter