• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transalantic

minnick

Earning My Ears
Do you think they will keep doing the transatlantic cruise once the new ships are done?

Do you think they will keep doing the transatlantic cruise once the new ships are done?

Yes. The European market seems to be relatively strong for Disney. So, they could choose to keep one ship there year-round. However, they might also choose to send a second shift during the summer, which would allow transatlantics to continue.

Yes there will be a transatlantic every year. We won’t see a year like 2012 again. I loooked at one of the big boys rccl and they don’t even keep a ship there full time. So there is no way dcl will keep a ship there full time. They will go there every year not like what happened in 2012. So there will be at least 2 transatlantic cruises every year. I won’t count on 2 ship could be but there will defintely be one ship.

Agree that The transatlantic will remain. It is possible that DCL might keep one ship in Europe year round eventually but if that happens it is still likely that a second ship will continue to reposition there for the summer. It it happens, likely the full time would do the med and Greece and maybe a few other routes and the second ship would seasonally do the north Europe itineraries.

I loooked at one of the big boys rccl and they don’t even keep a ship there full time. So there is no way dcl will keep a ship there full time.
Royal itself doesn’t have to keep a ship there full time. They own RCL as well as Celebrity and Azumara plus partial ownership/interest in SilverSea, Tui and Pullmantur. The last two are German and Spainish specific so they have Europe covered with “other” lines but they are still part of their fleet. DCL does not have that option so it may not place a ship there full time but the comparison isn’t quite apples to apples.

I will make my pitch again for DCL leaving one of their ships...any size...over here on the west coast all year. We have done the Panama Canal and loved it, so I might have to amend my first statement to say that one should stay over here year-around, and another comes to visit once a year...that's the ticket!!

I will make my pitch again for DCL leaving one of their ships...any size...over here on the west coast all year. We have done the Panama Canal and loved it, so I might have to amend my first statement to say that one should stay over here year-around, and another comes to visit once a year...that's the ticket!!
I hope to take a transatlantic some day. And I agree with you about a West coast ship. Alaska during the summer then alternating Hawaii and Panama canal during the winter cruising season.

I’m new to DCL - what happened in 2012?

Dcl didn’t go to Europe they sent the magic to NYC for the summeri nstead. It was a bad move by DCL they had to discount the cruises big time. Got a 5 night cruise for 1200 dollars for 2 people. 600 a piece. Plus DCL Makes a lot more money on excursions in Europe than in other places. We won’t see dcl not doing Europe again

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter