Trains from Tokyo to Disneyland

maggiew

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how practical it is to take the train to Disneyland every day from Tokyo. DH will be in Tokyo on business and I am thinking of tagging along and heading the Tokyo Disneyland.

From my research I would be taking the following route:

JR Tokaido Main line or Keihin Tohoku line (shinagawa station) to JR Keiyo (Tokyo Station) to Maihama Station (45 min)

Is this correct? Will there be trouble getting back at night if I stay for the evening show?

Maggie

Practical? Definitely. Shinagawa is not far from TDR by train, so it should be fine.

I believe as long as you are leaving the parks area before midnight, getting a train back should not be a problem

JR Tokaido Main line or Keihin Tohoku line (shinagawa station) to JR Keiyo (Tokyo Station) to Maihama Station (45 min)

Note that the Yamanote line also will get you from Shinagawa to Tokyo, although with more stops in between. Also, you've probably figured this into your time estimate, but the walk at Tokyo Station to the Keiyo line is looong … but there may not be a better alternative given where you would be starting from.

It's not a problem, but plan on at least 60 minutes. I've done it.

Below is the link for the online Tokyo transportation timetable. Just plug in your beginning and ending times and stations. That way you will know when the last/first train is.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

I've done this route more than once. Yamanote line from shinagawa to tokyo station and then Keiyo line from there. Tokyo station is busy busy busy but if you watch signs it's not difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter