Training for Princess Half Marathon 2016

mirandaperez10

Mouseketeer
Hey guys my training has started today with a weight of 274 does anyone else want to join this challenge or can anyone give any advice or support?

Faith, Trust, and..PIXIE DUST.

First off I say congrats.

As for advice I would say get on a training program. I am currently using Nike+ and the coach program thus far is great. Put in your race date and it tells you want distance to run and which days to do it and anything you need to do like intervals.

Hi! :)

I definitely echo the advice to find a good training plan, and stick to it. Also, I'd suggest training for a 10K first so you can use that time for corral placement.

Before you do any of this, get fitted for running shoes at a running store.

Good luck! :)

Hi! :) I definitely echo the advice to find a good training plan, and stick to it. Also, I'd suggest training for a 10K first so you can use that time for corral placement. Before you do any of this, get fitted for running shoes at a running store. Good luck! :)

I am training for a 5k in December to start off

Faith, Trust, and..PIXIE DUST.

My mantra is slow, steady and sweaty!! I think running races at shorter distances and building up is the way to go. I know a lot of people love the couch to 5k and use that as a starting point to build up. I think its great because it can help you to avoid injuries. Good luck and hope to see you there, Im thinking about registering!

I use the NIKE app "Coach" as well. It is really helpful. I don't even think about what I need to run for distance. I do whatever my NIKE coach tells me to do. You can do it!

I use the Jeff Galloway app. It's great. I started with the beginner to 10k and just stayed in week 3/4 for a while, which is the 3-4mile mark. He advocates a run / walk ratio for the entire race. Always taking walk intervals. And I like the app because it speeds up and slows down your music depending on what you should be doing to match your pace. :) I'm training for my first half too!!

Seems to me that there are some avid, experienced runner here - I am looking to find out if anyone has used and of the fit bands (stretchy thing that goes around your waist for cell phone, ipod or what have you...). If you have used one, or several - which one do you like? how did the sizing work? Did you like it better or worse than an arm band to hole your ipod/cell? I don't care for the arm band style and was looking at the waist band type. Thanks!

Here is one that I was looking at: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AWDOe..._Am2Xz0yysoGprug4w81KvmFDIZgGpcX3c5WSzmojRng/

Im a new jogger/runner and im doing the 5k program on my watch/phone (s health) & 5k on gym equipment.

Im doing 4 days of cardio at gym on treadmill & elliptical with 2 days doing at least 3.1 miles and 2 days easier.
easier days i am also doing precor machines.

I was 165 in May when i started gym. I am 150 as of now. I started doing training on June 30th when i registered early.

It is my 1st 5k ever and in 2017 i wanna do the whole half..pending my chronic pain allows me too

Goodluck everyone!!

Seems to me that there are some avid, experienced runner here - I am looking to find out if anyone has used and of the fit bands (stretchy thing that goes around your waist for cell phone, ipod or what have you...). If you have used one, or several - which one do you like? how did the sizing work? Did you like it better or worse than an arm band to hole your ipod/cell? I don't care for the arm band style and was looking at the waist band type. Thanks!

Here is one that I was looking at: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AWDOe..._Am2Xz0yysoGprug4w81KvmFDIZgGpcX3c5WSzmojRng/

I have a fit band. I feel like the sizes run small. I'm undecided if I like it or not. I don't like the arm band style either, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the fit band either. It wasn't expensive so I guess I'm glad I have it as an option. It's the whole stepping out of it when I'm sweaty and done running. Maybe I need a bigger size.

Headed out tonight for a 15k (9.3 miles) Midnight run .... It will be my 2nd 9 miler this summer and a good gauge for what a 1/2 might be like!! Anyone ever done a Night run? Should be fun!

Hey there! I'm training for the Glass Slipper Challenge - and I'm working on keeping it slow and steady. I'm scheduled to do a 15k in late November and a 10k early November, which is what I'm hoping to use to submit my time. I'll be starting Jeff Galloway's GSC training plan in October!

I have the FlipBelt and I love it. Just slide your phone and keys in and they stay put. For my races, I usually carry about 4 gels, a smart phone, car key, credit card/cash, and a pack of tissues. No bouncing around. It is supposed to fit pretty snugly. It does keep your middle warmer than you might like, but I got used to it after a while. The FlipBelt itself gets pretty drenched from my sweat, but it hasn't affected my smartphone. When my DH first got it for me, I thought I would hate it. But I really like it better than the one I had originally bought for my race. Not only is there no bounce, it is so much easier to slide the phone in and out to take quick pictures.

Note, with all the crap I carry, I do not look as streamlined as the models in your link, and my waistline does look much bigger than I would like, but comfort is super important to me.

They sell them at the Expos, so you could try it on there to see what size works best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter