Training for My First 5K - Comments Welcome

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
I decided to run a 5K during my next Disney trip. After I accomplish that, I will change the title of my journal to "training for my first half marathon," since my next goal is to run the Princess Half in 2014, and then later, "training for my first full marathon," as I hope to run the WDW full marathon in 2015.

I've ordered several books for marathon training, as well as a running board on Pinterest for motivation.

I consider myself to be in pretty good shape. I rarely run outdoors though. Whenever I run it's always at home with the AC on, but I am able to run over half an hour at a steady pace without getting tired. I'm going to try to start going to a local park at least once a week for a good outdoor run.

I also have smaller goals of while training running 1,014 miles. Or the distance between my city and Disney World, losing another 20 - 40 pounds, (in addition to the 40 I've already lost in the last year and a half or so,) and living a healthier life in general.

Two years ago I made a major change in my diet when I decided to give up red meat and poultry. Though I made that decision for ethical reasons the health benefits have been fantastic, and I've recently given up eating seafood completely as well, (which was mostly out of my diet most of the time anyway.) I don't consume any dairy products at home, and never buy eggs anymore either, though I'll still eat eggs and dairy at restaurants and when I travel.

There are a lot of other things I've cut back on as well, or switched to better choices as far as health is concerned, a lot of which includes foods and drinks with high amounts of fat and sugar.

Today I bought an outfit to train in. I should actually get more then one pair of running pants, and more then one sports bra, as well as an actual running top instead of just sports bras. I did get a really cute sleeveless hoodie though, though I doubt I'll need to wear that, as hot as it is, for at least a month. But I really like what I bought, and it all looks good together, mostly black with pink and purple accents.

The pants and bra are Exertek brand, which unless I have major comfort problems with while I actually run, I've decided I really like. I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to sports wear, but it feels like good material, and I think it's pretty. I got a good deal on it, over 50% off, and a good sale always makes me happy.

The jacket is a Columbia one, and I've had jackets from them before, so I know that's a good brand that holds up.

And nothing to do with running, but I was also at a Hallmark store today, which released their 2012 ornaments this weekend, and I now have a Brave one. My Christmas tree this year would not be complete without it.

Ran seven miles today, and I feel great!

Lunch was a quesadilla with veggies and hummus.

6.4 miles today, ran almost the entire time, in one hour and twelve minutes. That's just over 11 minutes a mile. I feel really good with that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter