Train to Orlando

ky.

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever taken a train to orlando (from Montreal)? Is that even possible? WE are probably going to drive but my 4 year old nephew has been obsessed with trains since he was 2 so I thought that would be a fun adventure for him!

We're taking the Auto Train in August. But it leaves from the DC area, so we have to drive the 10-11 hours down from Montreal to Lorton to board it.

My uncle and aunt take the Autotrain from DC to Stanford, FL every year (they are snowbirds from Qc city and spend the winter in Titusville). My parents are also considering it for this winter. Cuts down driving quite a bit.

The train from Montreal to the US is not currently running. You would currently have to drive somewhere in the US to catch the train. I'm not sure of any more details than that. I did email to find out when it would start running again but got a basic "someday" type of response.

I'm in Albany (around a 4 hour drive from Montreal) and have a student who's taking Amtrak to Orlando this summer. Not sure if they have to change trains anywhere, but if you can't get direct from Montreal, maybe there's somewhere closer across the border from you that you can.

Has anyone ever taken a train to orlando (from Montreal)? Is that even possible? WE are probably going to drive but my 4 year old nephew has been obsessed with trains since he was 2 so I thought that would be a fun adventure for him!

I was going to chime in but I just realized The Montrealer has not been running since 1995 (Montreal to DC). Wow, time flies, when you have no clue things change!

Have a wonderful time no matter what you decide.

That would be fun! I’d love to take a train journey but looked into price from Vancouver to Florida and way to expensive. Maybe one day I’ll take it to L.A.

I've been debating the auto train, driving the full route or just flying. Interestingly, depending on the time of year, flying is cheaper for us from where we are in the US.

We're taking the Auto Train in August. But it leaves from the DC area, so we have to drive the 10-11 hours down from Montreal to Lorton to board it.
I drive from Montreal regularly. I have considered taking the Auto-Train. I would like to know what the experience was like. My concern was making it to that part of Virginia in one day from Montreal. I think there is a 2 PM dealine to get your car on the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter