Trail's End or Whispering Canyon

bohemian74

Mouseketeer
We have a group of 12 going for dinner in November. There will be 7 adults, a 7 year old, 5 year old, twin 2 year olds and 1 year old.

Which restaurant would you suggest?
WC sounds like it could be fun, especially for the kids. The excitement might even help the two year olds blend in.
But I seem to find that the food at Trail's End gets much better reviews, the WC food hasn't gotten great reviews recently.

We haven't been to either, any suggestions for one or the other?

It's been almost 3 years since we have been to Whispering Canyon, but we've been twice. We love the food and the kids have a Wonderful time! My Dad ordered meatloaf and the waiter said "Why?" LOL he later told the waiter that it was excellent, and the waiter got the recipe from the kitchen for him. Just wait for the kids to ask for ketchup. Also, my brother-in-law got a call on his cell (because his dog at home was sick), and the waiter shouted to everyone, "Excuse me, keep it down, this Man is on the phone!" I can't comment on Trail's End, but I do love WC!

We have a group of 12 going for dinner in November. There will be 7 adults, a 7 year old, 5 year old, twin 2 year olds and 1 year old.

Which restaurant would you suggest?
WC sounds like it could be fun, especially for the kids. The excitement might even help the two year olds blend in.
But I seem to find that the food at Trail's End gets much better reviews, the WC food hasn't gotten great reviews recently.

We haven't been to either, any suggestions for one or the other?

Have never eaten at, or heard a review about Trail's End, but I'd say Trail's End for sure.

We ate at WC in April and were truthfully unimpressed. If everyone in your party is doing the platter meal, than it might be a good option. I would choose TE if it was me.

If you do Trails End, you can go to the Chip & Dale Campfire Singalong either before or after you eat. I believe it's at 7:00 p.m.

I have done both and I think with the larger party I would do Trails End. The food was amazing but the nice thing about Trails End is that after dinner there is so much you can do at FW. As the previous person said, go over to the sing along/campfire or take a carriage ride, or go over and rent some poles and sit down and do some fishing. There is a nice playground for the younger ones, nice beach to watch electrical parade. We ended up spending a day at FW doing the various activities and dinner at Trails End. We rented a golf cart for the afternoon/evening and had a blast riding around and doing stuff.

I love WL and that is where we stay each time but the antics can be fun and they can get annoying after awhile in my opinion. There are "pony" races for the younger ones but the meal is loud and while the food is good, I preferred the food and variety at Trails end better. The fried chicken AND apple cobbler......yummy!!!

We've never been but we are trying both during our November trip. Staying at wilderness lodge so the idea of walking down to trails end at fort wilderness for breakfast seemed like a nice outdoor walk. Also so many positive reviews and great prices for their buffet. Of course staying at WL we will be trying whispering canyon and artist point our first night.
Looking forward to reading others experiences at Trails End and Whispering canyon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter