Trails end Fort Wilderness

Scrapdolly

Mouseketeer
We want to go to eat here ... Can anyone tell me ... Can you drive. I have looked on the map and can't see any parking anywhere near.
Do you have to go by boat as the dock is near or can you drive.
The food looks good ... Anyone any views on it

We want to go to eat here ... Can anyone tell me ... Can you drive. I have looked on the map and can't see any parking anywhere near.
Do you have to go by boat as the dock is near or can you drive.
The food looks good ... Anyone any views on it
You can not drive to Pioneer Hall. You would drive to the front of Fort Wilderness and park in the lot there. Then you would have to take a bus to the back of the Fort to Pioneer Hall. You can also take a boat launch and walk from the dock.
Many consider Trails End a “ Hidden Gem”. The food is good and it is the least expensive buffet on property

Can't really drive there per say -need to take the bus to the Pioneer Hall bus stop.

I've eaten there hundreds of times (literally, as we vacationed at FW for a total of 5 weeks/yr growing up. Food is good quality and basic; typical buffet set-up, but pretty uneventful. I wouldn't go out of my way personally, as it's a bit of a pain to get to.

Sorry to be a pain ... So we can drive to the entrance then we take an internal shuttle bus to the restaurant. If we stay and see the water pageant after the meal so I guess about 10pm do the internal buses still run and do they run reasonably regularly.

So we can drive to the entrance then we take an internal shuttle bus to the restaurant. If we stay and see the water pageant after the meal so I guess about 10pm do the internal buses still run and do they run reasonably regularly.

Internals will be still be running so no problem there. Depending on where you're staying, it might be easier to take the bus directly to Pioneer Hall.

Food is good quality and basic; typical buffet set-up, but pretty uneventful. I wouldn't go out of my way personally, as it's a bit of a pain to get to.

We stayed in the FW cabins this past winter and tried HDD (and visited Trails End). I was feeling I was alone in saying it is good, but not a must do by any stretch (assuming the food is basically the same as HDD). I really looked forward to the fried chicken based on the overwhelming reviews, but I think our local Publix is on par with HDD/TE.

We stayed in the FW cabins this past winter and tried HDD (and visited Trails End). I was feeling I was alone in saying it is good, but not a must do by any stretch (assuming the food is basically the same as HDD). I really looked forward to the fried chicken based on the overwhelming reviews, but I think our local Publix is on par with HDD/TE.

HDDR is one of our all-time favorite elements of any Disney World stay! Agree on the chicken; Publix is tremendous all around -shop there weekly. :teeth:

Where would I catch a bus to Pioneer Hall. We are staying at POR and assumed we would drive to FW. There may be a better way.

If you drive to Fort Wilderness, you will park in the front. You will see the bus stop. You will catch an internal bus there that will take you to Pioneer Hall. Depending on when you are there, you can stay and watch the fireworks and water pageant. There will be internal buses still running to take you back to the front of the campground.

Sorry to be a pain ... So we can drive to the entrance then we take an internal shuttle bus to the restaurant. If we stay and see the water pageant after the meal so I guess about 10pm do the internal buses still run and do they run reasonably regularly.
we stay at the Fort and use the internal buses a lot. people who stay at the fort see the water pageant at the beach and take the buses back to their site/cabin not everyone has a golf cart. there are 3 routes for what you need you can use any of the routes and there are usually 2 buses running on each route. be careful of the yellow route as that bus can be going from back depot to Wilderness Lodge before heading back to front. just ask the drive before you would get on. the other 2 just run in loops from front to back. bus will stop at loops to let other riders on and off as needed

You would drive to Fort Wilderness and park at the front parking lot. Walk to bus depot, you can take any bus, Yellow, Orange, or Purple. They all have routes that lead to The Settlement area/Pioneer Hall. Once you get to the end of the line/last stop - Settlement area, you get off there and walk down towards the large building. Trail's End is next to Pioneer Hall.

The check-in desk for Trail's End is out front on the porch area, you will see a couple cast members at the podium usually.

We try to eat at Trails End on a MK day. It's a nice break from the crowds and we enjoy the boat ride there and back.

I try to incorporate Trails End into a MK day. Last year we stayed at POR, we wanted to see Happily Ever After at MK so had an early dinner at Trails End.
We parked at MK and got the boat over to FW, the boat dock is a two minute walk to Trails End and avoids having to get the internal bus.
I also love the boat ride to and from MK, it’s relaxing and much more enjoyable than the buses. Hope you enjoy it however you get there!

We are doing 1 Park day prior to Disney Cruise. We are doing MK and I too was thinking of Trails end. We have typically left mk for dinner each time ( Ohana and Chef Mickey) and look forward to the break.
DH gets sick of the same food over and over so I was thinking this would be different. We are doing no Parks after the cruise but think it would be a pain to take the bus from aoa and transfer. Now that I gave read it’s a short walk I think this will be my plan

From POR, you can also just bus to MK and take the boat to FW. The boat dock at FW is pretty close to Trail's End.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter