Trails End Buffet.. Recent Experiences?

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Missed my flight to the moon!
Never eaten at trails end before and was wondering how good it's been recently and whether it's better for breakfast or dinner or are both good? :scratchin

Not super recent, but DW and I had dinner there in early December 2015. The food was very good and fresh. It's a good value compared to other WDW dinner buffets. An added bonus for us was the ride through the campground viewing the lights/decorations many campers had put up.

Both breakfast and dinner buffets are very good. Food is fresh and service is great. Have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.
You can also get a reservation for a carriage ride before or after dinner.
After breakfast,walk the trail to see the ponies ( maybe they'll be in the corral playing). See the horses in the barn and hear Walts calliope play,also in the barn.
We've also had an archery lesson and gone horseback riding after breakfast.
So you can do more than eat and make a nice day of it.

I had dinner last Feb and it was very good. Don't miss the cornbread with sweet whipped butter. The fried chicken is tasty. A great value OOP. I take the boat to/from the front of Magic Kingdom & its hands down the easiest transpo option.

I have heard great things re breakfast (a la carte?) but have never done. I know a number of DIS'rs have enjoyed brkfst there in the past yr so check out the DIS Boards dining subforum, disney dining reviews thread, (find it top of the board/screen)for food pics & reviews.

I had dinner there last week it is great if you like southern foods like fried chicken, ribs, homemade mashed potatoes & sides. The sweet tea is really good and so is the banana pudding. Our waitress Joy was fantastic.

The food is fantastic
We do breakfast and dinner several times a trip
It's definitely become a fave

We go every trip, which is twice a year. It's outstanding, especially breakfast. We pay out of pocket when we're on the dining plan because it's such a great value. Pulled pork eggs Benedict are amazing. Waffles with pecan praline sauce, wow. Everything is fabulous.

Our Ratings of Trails End for Breakfast-Dinner: (*rev 05/18/2016*)
. . . food price value: B-B
. . . food quality: B-C
. . . food quantity: A-A
. . . food prep speed: A-A
. . . food selection: C-B
. . . seating quantity: C-C
. . . seating comfort: C-C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B-B
. . . eatery convenience: D-D
. . . staff friendliness: B-B
. . . staff attentiveness: C-B
. . . character interaction: n/a
NOTE1: Above includes breakfast-dinner (don't like the ala carte weekday lunch).For
dinner, taste the yummy fried chicken and "make-your-own-potato" bar. For breakfast,
you REALLY, REALLY, NEED the sticky buns. The nice thing about breakfast, might be
the low crowds, as many campers prepare breakfast at the campsite. Breakfast Buffet
is the second best buffet, behind The Wave breakfast buffet at Contemporary for quality,
and the best price value. A point to remember is that the majority of the Trails End
customers are from the camp ground, so they prices are reasonable and the items are
good comfort food. Expect decent food, but not gourmet.
NOTE2: Trails End is out-of-the-way for most WDW guests. It takes about 20-min for the
boat from MK-to-FW, about 10-minutes for the boat from WL-to-FW, about 15-min for the
boat from CR-to-FW (excluding the waiting times for the next boat).
NOTE3: Trails is going back to a buffet for lunch on weekends. THIS IS GOOD NEWS.

Only been there once and it was last fall. Was not impressed to say the least. It all seemed like food that you would find at a Golden Choral or other cheap buffet joint. Also, it was a PITA to get to. Would not go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter