• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trail Rides besides Fort Wilderness?

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Hello-

Does anyone know of Disney "neighbor" hotels or places not far from the "world" that offer trail rides? I've read so many negative posts about Fort Wilderness that I'm a bit reluctant to try it. My friend and I are definitely novices but think it would be fun to have a pleasant stroll with a prettty view.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brenda

For a novice, I think the trail rides are fine. More experienced riders will find it a bit boring. I am definately a novice and I liked it.

Robin

The Grand Cypress also offers Western Trail rides for beginners. I've done it a couple of times and really enjoy it. Depending on the experience level of the group, the instructor may even let you trot for a short way. They gear the ride to the most inexperienced of the group. So if you have real beginners it will be a walk only ride. The ride takes around in the woods of the Grand Cypress property. There are no cute little props like there are on the Disney ride. I believe the price was $45 plus tax for a 50 min ride.

I have never heard of the Grand Cypress. How would I get there from Disney property? Do they accept advance registrations? What types of sights might I see?

Thanks!
Brenda

Brenda,
When I get home I'll look up the web site and post it here. There are no real sites to see, just Florida woods and this one place where lighting struck. I like it because you have to be more involved in the ride than the Fort Wilderness ride. On the FW ride, I actually saw someone who was not using the reins at all and his horse still went the right way (Very dangerous by the way). At the Hyatt Grand Cypress you have to work at little more on the ride - but that's the fun part. The Hyatt Grand Cypress also has a world class equestrian center, complete with fancy horse shows. They also give hour and half hour lessons. Look for my post later.
Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter