Trading pins

PrincessTeresa

Princess since 1975
I'm sure there are a ton of threads about trading pins, but I've had quite a bit of trouble with my internet connection today - it doesn't want to cooperate!! LOL Anywho....in my craziness today, I bid (and won!!!) a "lot" of trading pins - There are 25 in the lot.

My question is - Do you think that will be enough for a 7 day trip for a 11 year old girl? I've heard of people taking 100s and I didn't know if it would be enough - I want to be prepared!!

TIA!

It would depend on how interested she is in trading pins. I got forty for my three kids and husband. I plan to set limits on them. It can get pretty expensive. However, after reading your post I may try and get a few more just in case I can't control them. My little on is up set because her lanyard is smaller than all the others. She was too little for a large one when i bought it. It would have been down to her toes.

You need more!!! Especially if you're buying them for the prices they sell them on eBay!!
Pin trading is so fun and addictive ~ and you can set limits if you want ~ 10 a day would be reasonable ~~ but you could definitely go though more than that if you wanted ;)
My motto is you can't have enough pins :thumbsup2

Do keep in mind also if you get to WDW and run out of pins and want more there are sellers on eBay that offer next day and same day delivery to the resorts and parks!! I would look at those sellers beforehand and write down their info so you'd have it if you need it :)

Have fun!

We found some at the Disney outlet near Universal - 4 pins for $5 but they were all the same - they had a character and the year '09' - she traded 4 a day - different parks so we could spread them out -

If the ones I get are okay, I will for sure order more!! I can't wait!

We set our limit of 4 a day in September -

It seems like she has alot right now, but I counted the ones on her lanyards (and of course she wants to buy a new lanyard for this trip) she only has 32! And of course she doesn't want to trade any of those!)

She has a tinkerbell lanyard with tink pins
a WDW pink lanyard with mickey/minnie
and a purple lanyard with everything else

I had no clue they would overnight them to the resort!! Awesome!!! Thanks for the info!!!!

If the ones I get are okay, I will for sure order more!! I can't wait!

We set our limit of 4 a day in September -

It seems like she has alot right now, but I counted the ones on her lanyards (and of course she wants to buy a new lanyard for this trip) she only has 32! And of course she doesn't want to trade any of those!)

She has a tinkerbell lanyard with tink pins
a WDW pink lanyard with mickey/minnie
and a purple lanyard with everything else

I had no clue they would overnight them to the resort!! Awesome!!! Thanks for the info!!!!

They actually hand deliver them to the resort or park, or at least the lady I bought from did!!

Have fun!

My guys (7&9) will trade at least 8-10 per day. They do, however re-trade ones they've acquired should they find something more attractive. They both find a SET of pins to complete as a mission, in addition to just trading for pins they like. They will also go through their pins before the trip and decide if there are any they might consider trading. At eBay prices of around $1 each, it's not really alot to spend compared to the fun it brings.

Can anybody explain to me exactly how pin trading works. I have been to Disney twice before with my two girls and we never got into this. This time around, I plan on getting the girls into this a little but I would like more information. Anyone?:confused3

Can anybody explain to me exactly how pin trading works. I have been to Disney twice before with my two girls and we never got into this. This time around, I plan on getting the girls into this a little but I would like more information. Anyone?:confused3

DD only trades with CMs in the parks - however, when we were at the Disney outlet near Universal, the CM there traded with DD. She was really sweet!

I think I have heard that the CMs with a green lanyard (or the one they wear on their belt - can't remember what it's called) only trade with kids - I'm not sure if that's true or not - but I remember seeing something to that effect.

The first year we took DD (2007) she really didn't get into the pin trading - in September (2009) was when the bug bit her! :rotfl: It's fun - She looked all day long to complete her princess baby collection - she got the last one from a CM right after Spectro on our last night at the MK!

Hope this helps a little!

Cast Members (the majority of them) wear lanyards filled with trading trading pins. You can trade with them, a pin for a pin . You can buy the pins there at WDW ~ the cheapest way to to this it buy a booster pack that makes them about 4.50 each. Another option is to buy them at the official Disney Outlets for 2.99 & up ~ sometimes cheaper if you happen to get lucky and get a sale!
OR you can buy them on eBay for a little over a dollar each.
You take them with you , wear them on a lanyard, etc. and whenever you see a CM with a lanyard (green if for 12 & under only) you look at it and if you see something you like you ask to trade pins :goodvibes
A CM has to trade with you ~ as long as it's an official disney pin. You can trade 2 pins from each CM's lanyard a day.

It's VERY fun and addictive!!
We go pin trading all the time and just have a blast :wizard:

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter