• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trader Sam's

That's good to know. It seems that if there is a policy it is enforced inconsistently. I'll have a friend with me this time, so he can drink all my alcohol, but when I am solo, I may have to ask again.

Thanks.
I also prompted my order with I just want the mug and will pay full price.

Right. They are mass-produced, but the original designs are hand sculpted by fine tiki-artisans. They are very intricate. I find them worthwhile.
Yes, Tim Wollweber did several of the original sculpts. I've met him and I'm actually FB friends with him because of the hobby. That being said, these mugs are NOTHING like what you'll get from Diablo, Tiki Tony, Geko, etc. I have every last Disney mug except for the Toy Story 3 Pixar Cast Mug and the latest Zombie from the GG I'm just waiting on a pickup for. None of them compares to the other mugs in my collection. I did take my Dead Eye out for drinks last night though at my local tiki bar. That was a hit!!

Last edited:
You don’t have to buy the mugs if you don’t want to but don’t be surprised that the drinks themselves are pretty pricey too. The mug price does include the drink. Most of the mugs are in the $30-$40 dollar range. The ones that are $50+ are the massive bowls for 3 people to share. Maybe it’s because I have worked with ceramics over the years so I can appreciate how much hard work goes into the design and construction of the mugs but the prices do not seem high to me. They are on par compared to other artist’s handcrafted ceramics, or to take home ceramic mugs from other tiki bars around the world. It’s also not expensive compared to say a Dooney and Bourke purse- which is just to say we all have our own Disney things that make us happy & we think are worth spending money on that others don’t get at all. Personally, our mug collection is more than just a collection- we have tiki themed parties at home with our friends & use our mugs far far more often than any of the fine crystal.

Other than the time my GF and I left with like 4 mugs I never thought twice about the price haha! It can definitely add up but we collect them and have a tiki themed room. For us its worth it where other things that other people like to collect are not worth it for us. Trader Sam's make us happy :D

We went today. Arrived at 1130 and walked straight in and sat at the 2 top high table at the back. Never got really crowded. I had the Krakatoa in a piranha mug because my son wanted that mug, then the zombie. Service started out amazing but unfortunately our server had to go on safari and service went with her. There was one other couple next to me who fared the same. When she walked back we said in unison “check please”. We got to see the effects from the drinks and the bartenders were very fun. I’d recommend it as something fun to do outside the park.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe — Circa 1997

1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe — since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Wow, either of these sounds like something I'd enjoy! Thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter