Trader Sam's Wait Time

Thanks. We would be trying for an earlier time as we will have two kids in our group. Was curious how far away the person entertaining the kids could take them while we wait.

Any new reports in 2024 - or still the same... wait list opens at 2 p.m. (for 3 p.m. opening), and later in the evening (depending on how busy the season) you may be able to get on the list for a call back within an hour or three?

I've been to Trader Sam's a few times and I've never had trouble getting in even if I didn't get on the list right at 3pm. If you can't make it right at opening, I would still give it a shot later in the evening like around 6pm.

Last September we stayed at Poly on a short girl's trip. We were only there for 4 nights so we spent most of our time at the parks. We tried to get in after 8 twice & were told they had stopped taking names. We were walking through that Friday evening & the same cast member saw us & said it's your lucky night! We were on our way to MNSSHP and couldn't wait. DH & I will be staying a week at Poly this time. It's my destiny to get in this time! 🤣

I'm taking my son for his 21st birthday in May. It's the one thing he was excited to do. I'm really hoping we can get in. We are going to go over about 1:45 and see what happens.

I plan to walk down and wait to get on the "virtual list" around 1:45 for the 3:00 opening. We will have a party of 6, but do we ALL need to be there to get on the list? Or can I just walk and put us down for 6... And then all of us show up when we are allowed in? So I guess I am asking... Does everyone need to be present to be PUT on the list? Or just to be seated? Thanks!

Just for future reference. We went this past Monday night, April 22nd. We got on the waitlist around 630pm. We were quoted 1-1.5 hrs. At 1.5 hrs I inquired how much longer because we hadn't been called and they were quoting the person in front of me the same wait. We got in after an hour and 45 min wait.

I plan to walk down and wait to get on the "virtual list" around 1:45 for the 3:00 opening. We will have a party of 6, but do we ALL need to be there to get on the list? Or can I just walk and put us down for 6... And then all of us show up when we are allowed in? So I guess I am asking... Does everyone need to be present to be PUT on the list? Or just to be seated? Thanks!
No, everyone does not need to be present to put your name on the list. They’ll ask you how many in your group.

Last September we went to get on the list a bit after 3 and were told about 2.5 hours and it was just about exactly that.
We will try again, probably a bit after 4pm this September, and hope the wait is not too much longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter